join DrummersUnite.net

I looked at the site. It doesn't cost to look! Or does it? They wouldn't let me check it out without signing in! I didn't sign in! I'll stay with DW. The BEST! Love Your Place Bernhard!

Last edited:
You know, you're gonna get members a lot slower when you require people to sign up to view it. That is on many lists of how not to make a good website. If you let people browse anonymously, they are more likely to like what they see, and join. But if they see a screen that requires them to sign up, what is their motivation to join?

I looked at the site. It doesn't cost to look! Or does it? They would let me check it out without signing in! I didn't sign in! I'll stay with DW. The BEST! Love Your Place Bernhard!

I agree. Why would I sign up for something that I have no idea about? Maybe if we could actually see the site. How do we even know that the site is about drums at all? Maybe it is phishing for email addresses.

Jeff

I am a forum moderator for another site totally unrelated to music. Actually, its pretty big site; anyway, the members on that site get really ticked off when someone with a few posts comes in and advertises to go to another website. It really never bothered me as I liked where I was at and stayed put; but the senior site members really had negative comments. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet. Now if someone has been on and several hundred posts, not so bad.

Yes, you are right about that. It is usually considered spamming another forum to set-up an account and use it to promote another website.

..... It is usually considered spamming another forum to set-up an account and use it to promote another website.
Or at least it's in very poor taste.

I think thinks like this deserve place in the off-topic forum. And yes, It is in very bad taste.

Re: DrummersUnite.net The drummers social network site

NO!! not again....

1. I don't like people just joining our community for tooting the horn for another side - 16 of your 18 posts are such announcements for your project.

2. I don't like sides, where you have first to login without a chance to have a look what's in it first.

3. I don't close this thread at the moment - would love to have more opinions, if i feel completely wrong.....

Bernhard

I told him once, the practice of spamming this drummers forum as an advert for another is uncool...aka unacceptable.

Additionally, he posts complete nonsense in the Joey Jordinson thread just to get ad space.

"boom, chicka boom,boom, chicka boom,boom, chicka boom,boom, chicka boom,boom, chicka boom,boom, chicka boom:) "

Brilliant! Thanks for the insight Matt!

He posts in Todd Sucharman's thread and just leaves some comment as if Todd would never be there to read it. "This guy..." is like talking about someone who is in the same room.

I don't think he'd accept that on his (registration protected) site.

It's just generally impolite to come to a forum on a certain topic and advertise for your own forum on that same thing. It would be different if you have something unique and new to offer but from what I hear Matt's website has nothing new to offer (except maybe a chatbox but that's probably not a very good idea) so I'll stick to DW.

This guy needs to show a little RESPECT and a little CLASS. In my world this is just rude.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a little rude to log onto a drummer community and tell them to join your drummer community instead.

Particularly if we can't even view the forum without signing up.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a little rude to log onto a drummer community and tell them to join your drummer community instead.

Yeah, have you ever noticed how many guests there are viewing Drummerworld? Usually, hundreds!

So not only does what we say here influence other members, but simple opinions on random threads could potentially persuade complete strangers, on the other side of the world, to make a large purchase.

For example, try googling "pdp 805."

Exactly.

Yeah, have you ever noticed how many guests there are viewing Drummerworld? Usually, hundreds!

So not only does what we say here influence other members, but simple opinions on random threads could potentially persuade complete strangers, on the other side of the world, to make a large purchase.

For example, try googling "pdp 805."

Exactly.
Exactly. Half of what I know about guitars come from lurking random guitar forums and reading their five-year-old discussions.

Which is why you should keep your forums public for viewing. It educates the cyber-ninjas.

I noticed Matt''s intentions were transparent. He won't participate unless he can spam. Much like a few folks as of late.

Typical semi-buried spam post.

Hey fellow drummers! I am new here!
- Check my kit out! = Try my product/items for sale
- This guy rocks! = Now check out the link to MY drum forum
- Have you guys ever tried... = I have a product just for you!

Exactly. Half of what I know about guitars come from lurking random guitar forums and reading their five-year-old discussions.

LOL @ Ultimateguitarforum.com.

I was featured in their "Most annoying kids on Youtube thread." Let's just say it wasn't pretty...

I noticed Matt''s intentions were transparent. He won't participate unless he can spam. Much like a few folks as of late.

Typical semi-buried spam post.

Hey fellow drummers! I am new here!
- Check my kit out! = Try my product/items for sale
- This guy rocks! = Now check out the link to MY drum forum
- Have you guys ever tried... = I have a product just for you!
Sadly, it almost reminds me of an art forum I used to go on, where I was the resident grouch.

So, people kept posting their artwork with the same old problems, and I kept recommending the same old anatomy books and techniques that worked for me. I almost felt like one of those advertising robots.

But that's just a somewhat off-topic rant. Don't mind me.

Back