A constant stupid deal

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Just wanted to throw this out there in hopes that someone buys this kit. If nobody does, I might buy it for myself. And I really can't do that with all the drums I already have.

My local Sam Ash (in City of Industry, CA), has a DrumCraft Series 8 maple kit on the floor in this beautiful stain where its red in the middle and fades to dark at the edges. It's a 8x10, 9x12, 14x16, and 18x22 with a matching 5x14snare. They are only asking $625 for the shell pack.

I feel it's one of those I should buy just because. Looking around on eBay thee Series 8 kits are in that 1400-up range from other buyers. This is the last DrumCraft kit Sam Ash will have and then they're not getting anymore. Total blowout deal on pro-level drums.

Somebody buy them before I do. Please ;)

Sorry - I didn't take a picture of it. But give them a call, I'm sure they'll accommodate you with free shipping or something......

I think I've seen that kit, I stop by occasionally and was there just last week. That's a GREAT deal on a nice kit! Also have been seeing some nice snares for <$150.

The Sam Ash stores have a glut of those right now, I suspect because Conn-Selmer stopped distributing the brand in the US and simply blew-out the remaining inventory at ridiculous prices. I don't know if anyone else has picked up the brand, but it's safe to say the current product and prices are limited. Something like 80% off list? Just stoopid!

Go get em, the drums sound great as a 2nd or 3rd or 10th kit for practice or gigging.

Bermuda

Last edited:
Just wanted to throw this out there in hopes that someone buys this kit. If nobody does, I might buy it for myself. And I really can't do that with all the drums I already have.

Tell ya what, grab the DrumCrafts and I'll take the Ludwigs off your hands!

Bermuda

I need a fifth kit like I need a hole in the head but at that price... Good thing I'm a few thousand miles away. Please don't tell me shipping is gratis.

I need a fifth kit like I need a hole in the head but at that price... Good thing I'm a few thousand miles away. Please don't tell me shipping is gratis.

Probably not free, but who knows? I do know that the folks at this Sam Ash store know what the drums are and know they don't have to give a better price to get them moving. So you're probably safe.

That is indeed a very sharp price - quite silly cheap actually. I've played that series drums, & they're above average at their normal price point, so at this price, it's an absolute steal. I fail to see how anyone could lose out TBH.

Tell ya what, grab the DrumCrafts and I'll take the Ludwigs off your hands!

Bermuda

And if that deal goes down I'll take your Ludwig Keystones in the limited edition Black Abalone wrap! I wish I hadn't passed those up when they were being offered by GC a few years back.

My local Sam Ash (in City of Industry, CA), has a DrumCraft Series 8 maple kit on the floor in this beautiful stain where its red in the middle and fades to dark at the edges. It's a 8x10, 9x12, 14x16, and 18x22 with a matching 5x14snare. They are only asking $625 for the shell pack.

I feel it's one of those I should buy just because. Looking around on eBay thee Series 8 kits are in that 1400-up range from other buyers. This is the last DrumCraft kit Sam Ash will have and then they're not getting anymore. Total blowout deal on pro-level drums.

Somebody buy them before I do. Please ;)

Sorry - I didn't take a picture of it. But give them a call, I'm sure they'll accommodate you with free shipping or something......

If you don't go get those TODAY, you're a better man than I! I absolutely cannot pass up deals like that, no matter what! LOL

If you don't go get those TODAY, you're a better man than I! I absolutely cannot pass up deals like that, no matter what! LOL

Stop encouraging me. I'm already thinking of putting some cash down this afternoon on the way home from work! Somebody is going to figure out what a deal this is - right now locally, I think the average drum customer doesn't know what they are!

I would like another kit, just for something different.

But I really want a 8x12, not a 9x12.

And I don't need another maple kit.

Otherwise, I'd be on my way.

I scored a pair of Drumcraft 8 series birch 14" and 18" floor toms in a flat black finish with satin chrome hardware for $150. I feel like I stole them for the ridiculous deal I got. I was making small talk to the guy and mentioned how I'd like an 18" FT. He brought the 18" from the back and I was sold. Wonderful construction on it. I have it setup with my Yamaha kick as a 0-up 2-down kit. I have heard people complain about how difficult an 18" is to tune but I found it very easy to tune even with the stock heads on there, and this is someone like me with pretty limited tuning skills.

The only complaint I could find is the slightly rough interior of the toms. One of these weekends I'm going to sand them smooth and finish them with some tung oil. I just need some bags and another kick and I have a brand new kit... I was thinking either a 26" or maybe a 28" and just have that big rock sound. I also thought of getting an acrylic 24" kick and making a hybrid birch/acrylic kit.

Thoughts?

Sam Ash are also clearing out the last of the Yamaha Rock Tour Custom kit for 54% off as well...12/16/22 for $649. Closeout deal - they are now discontinued.
You either like the Yamaha RTC finishes or not. I don't.

Drum Craft stuff is nice, but I would take Yamaha over Drum Craft every time. If I liked the finish.

Don't do it just because they're cheap Bo!

OK. It's done. Since nobody here decided to do it, I took it upon myself to get them. I had some store credit so I used it to lay it away and will get the rest of the cash in a couple of weeks. Below is a link to a picture of exactly what I bought. This particular photo doesn't quite do it justice, but the red to black fade is quite striking and beautiful. I at first thought maybe I'd find something else in the store that I needed, and after wandering around a bit, there wasn't anything else I needed. Accordion? No. Pocket trumpet? No. Heads? No. Sticks? No.

So it's a Drumcraft Series 8 Maple "progressive rock" kit.

18x22 virgin bass drum
8x10, 9x12, and 14x16 toms
5.5x14 matching snare.

It's all outfitted with Remo ambassadors top and bottom, and the bass drum gets powerstroke 3's. The snare has a reverse black dot batter head so I'll have to change that out, but it sounds fine even with that head on it. I dismantled a drum and the inside of this shell wasn't really rough. I might put some tung oil in there just because I like the smell. For the amount of Bauhaus-like hardware, the drums aren't very heavy (as a review noted), and they sing really well. I'll bring them home in two weeks.

This coming Thursday the Slingerlands arrive so I need to make those happen first.

http://www.drumcraftdirect.com.au/drumcraft/series-8-drum-kits/DC8062

Wow! Cool drums! I dig the hardware too. Here in Oz you'd be lucky to get used reconstituted chip board or MDF drums for $650.

Back