Double Kick question...help?

PDPAnimal

I'm interested in purchasing a double kick pedal. now i have never played double kick, but its something i'd like to try.
i've been checking out the local classifieds and have stummbled upon a couple pedals.

One is a DW 7000 series for $200
the other is a Pearl Elimintator for $250
these are both in Canadian funds.

do you think either are good deals. is there a significant difference between these pedals.
not ever playing double bass, what should i be looking for, and what should i stay away from.

Thanks,

Joey

Pearl eliminator, I don't think there will be much difference between either of the 2 pedals, but I have the eliminators and I think they are great pedals. As for what you should do, look through the technique threads there are some pretty interesting threads about double bass there, and try some drum videos on youtube, people have a lot of lessons to offer online so don't limit yourself to any one thing, there is a lot of opportunity to take advantage of here. Good luck and start slow it really does pay off in the end.

Don't know what current canadian to US conversion rate is. A good deal for the DW is about 130-140 USD, a good deal for the elim is 150 USD.

You're going to want to try them out (if possible) at a drum/music store before you purchase them. The 7000s and the Eliminators differ drastically in feel.

Some pedals, along with DW, Tama, PDP and some models of Gibraltar have a heavy feel to them.

Other pedals, such as Pearl, Axis, and Trick are very light, and allow for ridiculously fast double bass patterns.

All in all, it comes down to what you value more, speed or control. With a heavier pedal, you get LOTS more control with every stroke, but it may be more difficult to reach very fast speeds.

Lighter pedals give you way more speed, but it is a lot easier to lose control of the pedal.

This is why I suggest trying both of them out if possible, because no one has the exact same taste in pedals, so choose whatever feels best to you.

I have some pearl double pedals and I really like them, but I think you should try them out first. If you don't like them, thats $200-$250 you could have saved.

i have the iron cobra.....i really like them....took awhile to get used to them...but i like them....only about 300

Try both. I own eliminators and for me it's the best pedal in the world. I also have Tama hp200tw, I used to play with tama for a 5years but when I tried pearl I was amazed

You're going to want to try them out (if possible) at a drum/music store before you purchase them. The 7000s and the Eliminators differ drastically in feel.

Some pedals, along with DW, Tama, PDP and some models of Gibraltar have a heavy feel to them.

Other pedals, such as Pearl, Axis, and Trick are very light, and allow for ridiculously fast double bass patterns.

All in all, it comes down to what you value more, speed or control. With a heavier pedal, you get LOTS more control with every stroke, but it may be more difficult to reach very fast speeds.

Lighter pedals give you way more speed, but it is a lot easier to lose control of the pedal.

This is why I suggest trying both of them out if possible, because no one has the exact same taste in pedals, so choose whatever feels best to you.

I think your exaggerating when you say drastic. They are all adjustable enough to get a feeling that resembles the others, just not an exact feeling, and I counter your ideas on heavy means more control and so on. If you think cobras are any heavier than eliminators than check out a drummer named Krimh Kerim on youtube, he uses cobras and he gets a great amount of speed.

Back