Ludwig gaskets

Blue Note

Hello,

I'm looking for the P-6265 gaskets for longer bowtie lugs in rubber. They exist in some fiber or "cardboard" but I think they should exist in rubber too because all other gaskets for imperial lugs, short bowtie lugs (gasket P-6266), classic lugs, classic brackets etc... are rubber.
If they exist, then where can I find them? I tried Drums on Sale, but they only have the fiber P-6265.

Last edited:
Between the fiber and the rubber gaskets, I prefer the fiber.
I wish I had all fiber gaskets on my Large Classic lugs like I do on the Mach lugs on other kits.
During different periods, the rubber gaskets are thicker or thinner too. Could have been a specified change, or a supplier change...one of those "subject to change without notice" deals.

I prefer rubber ones because fiber seems less strong to me. They can't withstand humidity and could even absorb it from the air and when this happens they can cause the chrome of the lug's underside to start pitting since the gasket touches it al the time. Also this grey fiber looks less classy than the black rubber.
Do you know where I can find the rubber version of the P-6265 for the longer bowtie lugs?

They are probably rubber. The fiber type came on Super Classic (4ply) drums I got 20+ years ago. The gaskets on my '07 CM's (and drums since) are rubber.

I tried to link the pdf's of the part books, but they are too big.

Go here for the PDF's of the parts catalogs from the Ludwig site:

http://www.ludwig-drums.com/literature.php

The solid Black does look nicer, but for some reason I liked the fiber type. I don't know why...actually, now that I think about it, I don't care haha! The fiber just seemed nice when I have taken the drums apart.
Never thought about the moisture thing. I guess it could happen, but it would have to be more humid than it is where I live (MI) anyway.

I took the rubber gaskets off (Imperial lugs) on the newer snares I've gotten.
I kept the rubber gaskets under the Bowties on the CM though (also '07). They didn't seem to affect the sound negatively, and the shell is thinner now than the old 6ply, so that little bit of gasket keeps the rods straight.

Back