BD: Clear or coated with or without front logo?

DangerousDave

Hey guys!
Just interested in opinions about resonant BD heads. Which do you prefer? Do you have drum manufacturer logo or just plain head or something else?

Myself, I went from EMAD resonant to G1 clears. I prefer everything following the same pattern so I removed original Evans logo which was on top of heads and put black Evans stickers on the bottom. On top I put black Tama logos so all heads are kinda unified considering the looks and logo colors.

BTW I believe I do suffer from opsessive compulsive disorder :D

BTW I believe I do suffer from opsessive compulsive disorder :D

Apparently not too severly ;)

But on one kit, I have the stock Yamaha logo PS3 with a KickPort, and on my other kit, I have a smooth white PS3 with a KickPort. I originally went in looking for an EQ3, but they were out of stock, so I picked up the PS3 and removed the logo. And I actually really love the look of the smooth white PS3. You can see the outer ring through the initial ply and it gives a really cool look.

I have the stock black Starclassic reso head with a 5" port @ 4:00. When I get around to replacing it, I'll probably get a white head and let an artist friend go crazy on it, then stick a Tama sticker on it somewhere.

Apparently not too severly ;)

But on one kit, I have the stock Yamaha logo PS3 with a KickPort, and on my other kit, I have a smooth white PS3 with a KickPort. I originally went in looking for an EQ3, but they were out of stock, so I picked up the PS3 and removed the logo. And I actually really love the look of the smooth white PS3. You can see the outer ring through the initial ply and it gives a really cool look.

Don't get me even started on the stands, angles and even pedals! :D

I originally wanted a clear resonant with inner ring, but it was more expensive so I went with G1s. To my dismay, even Evans raised prices recently.
I remember seeing Nick Menza's Pearl Masters with that kind of heads and at the time it looked nothing special, but as time gone by...

Back