DW Incremental Clutch

Mr. Compactness

I just picked up an "Incremental Clutch" from DW and I'm quite impressed by it. Basically it's a clutch that you would use on an x-hat that would allow you to adjust the tension of the cymbals simple by rotating the clutch itself. It works really well and it looks solid.

Video (fast forward to 7:10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob8EVi_yPNY

I'm using it on a Billy Ward inspired stack. A 21" Bosphorus New Orleans Ride over a 14" Bosphorus Hi-hat top and it works great. I can go from all manner of closed, open and in between during the song if I want by sort of pushing or pulling the mechanism with my stick.

I highly recommend it.

IMAG0658.jpg

how much height range is there?

if I were to set it so that at its lowest, my hihats are closed tight enough for a chick, with no slosh at all, how far apart would they be at the highest?

how much height range is there?

if I were to set it so that at its lowest, my hihats are closed tight enough for a chick, with no slosh at all, how far apart would they be at the highest?

Well I'm using mine with a ride cymbal and a hi-hat underneath but I'd say at the highest it's about 1.5" or so. Enough where the top and bottom hats wouldn't be hitting each other much. It's a pretty wide adjustment.

Back