INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Ciao!

Hello everyone!
I've been reading the forums for a while to find some information, so I decided to sign up.

I'm italian, I've been living in London for the last four years.

I've been playing a lot during high school and uni, then I stopped playing when I started working.
I started playing again a couple of years ago and I have done quite a few gigs (and a festival!) and I'm now trying to learn again something and make my technique a bit better... since it's pretty crap at the moment! :)))

Big Beauford fan :) and I'm still playing my old Starclassic Performer along with a TD-4 that I use at home for practicing.

Re: Ciao!

Good deal. New blood. Welcome.​

Name is Bill 58 years old...I started to play when I was 16 I then took a 42 year leave from drumming,just started back at it, I am taking my first lesson tomorrow..I have a 2 piece kit so far. Favorite drummers are Moon, Bonzo, Copland and the dude who played for Santana at Woodstock in 1969.........Lm 402 18" paiste.....incredible sound..

Attachments

• PICT0044.jpg
    PICT0044.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 261
Funny story. I played professionally from age 14 to 24 and then hung up the sticks to pursue education and career. Didnt touch a stick until age 67. Found a bunch at the office who had either played as pros or had learned to play and so we started a band and the Company offered us a practice room and we now have a bass, organist, three guitar pickers and a vocalist. Simply awesome to restart after all those years but the chops dont come back as easily as I thought they would. Coming along but certainly not even close to where I was 40 something years ago. Funny that now I do lose the handle on a stick now and then! Speed is slow to come back though and that is very frustrating.

Good for you Old..I can relate to everything you said

Re: I know YOU know me....

Matt, you are Awesome!

I aspire to be as fluent as you my friend! You are obviously very talented,
and should be a proffesional drummer or clinician, if you are not already!

Thanks so much for going to take a look. I appreciate the kind words! Well, I do get paid, but whether or not that makes me a professional is probably something I shy away from - the few times I've taught running into students and parents who take themselves too seriously definitely wrecks the fun times of teaching!

Re: I know YOU know me....

BTW - it would be really cool if someone from here actually left a comment on my blog. Then I could get notified and new visitors won't think that nobody is visiting.

I thank you all in advance ;)

Real name? Cameron VanDerHorst
Age? 22
How long have you been playing? 12 years
Origin of user name? I'm a car guy, so my car buddies call me Camshaft.
Your top 5 drummers? Hard to pin it down, but like many, Neal Peart is at the top.
Make of drumkit? Sound Percussion
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? My bedroom
Are you in a band? Yeah, "Chevy Celebrity Rehab."
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Garage punk
Favourite take out food? Chicken soft tacos from Chipotle
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I used to be a professional voice actor.
How did you start drumming? I started playing in the school band in the sixth grade.

Re: Long-time listener, first-time caller

Hello hello

Did you guys play "I Robot" by The Alan Parsons Project?

I'm still a DrummerWorld newbie. I know that for sure because I still read DW as Drum Workshop in all the thread titles and posts.

Newbie alrert

Hey guys im Ray from sunny Margate, Been drumming a few years now (on and off kids permitting) did a lot of drumming as a child at school but never really followed it up until last year really. I own a basic Pearl export kit but currently spending the odd few pounds on upgrading bit by bit. Im a MAAAAHOOOOOSIVE Biffy Clyro fan and adore James Johnston on drums.

Anyhow thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum and hopefully speak so you all in due course!

Re: Newbie alrert

Welcome Ray..

The Exports are fine workhorse kits! I gigged with one for quite some time. Nice to have you aboard!

Newbie!

Hi All,

New member of this forum. No idea why I've not signed up previously, i've spent enough time reading the posts! Anyway...

I'm 26 years old and have been playing for 20 years. I currently play for British melodic/metal/hardcore band The Divided. We have toured the UK and will be heading to Europe next year following out debut release!

I'll most likely become a regular on these forums now.

This is me...

THE DIVIDED on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/wearethedivided

THE DIVIDED - HOPES AND DREAMS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nypEYPAp7uE

Re: Newbie!

Welcome to Drummerworld. Who's the guy in the band that looks like Jack Black?​

Attachments

• 40643_pro.jpg
    40643_pro.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 185
Re: Long-time listener, first-time caller

Ha! I love that record ... alas, we weren't good enough to play anyone's songs but our own ;)

Oh, and I'm with ya on the "DW' thing!

Real name? Ivan

Age? 20

How long have you been playing? 5 Years

Origin of user name? my username :)

Your top 5 drummers? Steve Smith, Vinnie Colaiuta, Peter Erskine, Will Keneddy, Steve Gadd

Make of drumkit? Yamaha

Make of cymbal? Zildjian

Where do you practice? Home

Are you in a band? In the process of starting one

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? kinda Pop, Jazz, Funk and Soul

Favourite take out food? Indomie

What country do you live in? Indonesia

How did you start drumming? i watched Buddy Rich (on video)

Back