Bobdadruma's birthday this Fri March 12. Come celebrate

Happy Birthday Bob...wish I could get up to New Haven...sounds like a lot of fun.

Congrats on the BD and the gig at a place you always wanted to play!

Yea Jim, Its all bits and pieces to me now also! Its those bits and pieces that I hold dearly in my heart. I also remember Johnny Winter at Toads. The Go Go's come to mind Too. There were so many!
I couldn't get close to the place the night that the Stones played, I tried!!
I also used to frequent the Agora Ball Room in New Haven. Remember that wonderful place?

Ya know I actually never went there..unless I did and forgot. Hey were you around here during the Uncle Chick Band days? You may have missed it. They were some friends of mine. You must know Tbone though. Keys player? UCB played toads alot back in the day.
I was out of the area for about 25 years. Between being a kid and being an old guy.
Was the Agora the place with the busted glass and the John Valby shows? Maybe I did go if so.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!
WE ALL LOVE YOU MAN!
YOU MAKE THIS FORUM A BETTER PLACE!

Happy Birthday!.....Feliz Cumpleaños!.....Bob.

God bless you, brother - thanks for sharing your experience and good sense of humour.

I have a drink on you,

Ian

Fun show! Nice to meet Mr. Dadrummer in person. I forgot how HUGE that stage was. There were 3 bands set up at once..mostly anyway. I can say Bob is a very talented drummer! Kool little bitty 5 piece kit too. You can almost tuck it under your arm and walk home.
Thanks for the invite Bob. We had fun!

Thanks for coming Jim. It was nice to meet you. I didn't get to talk to you much because when I met you it was only a few mins before show time and I was doing my have a quick beer and try to chill thing.
Friday gigs are always tough for me because I don't have time to decompress after work. I sometimes have trouble socializing because Im still tight from the weeks drudgery.
I guess that Im getting old! If I had it my way I would never play a Friday gig for that reason.
I was so tired last night that I was home in bed by midnight!

Let me know when you have a gig and I'll stop by. It will be nice to see you play.

Thanks for the compliments on my playing and my kit. I really like that Tama Stagestar. I was playing my new 13x5.5 inch Mapex Maple Black Panther snare for the first time. I just got it that morning. I unpacked it and I tuned it at lunch during work. I loved it!

Last edited:
Thanks Drumheads (Jim),
It was a dreary rainy night and still the place was packed.
There were many people there who slapped me on the back and wished me well.
I thank them all for being there. They really made me feel good inside.
I needed that!

Happy birthday, Bob :) The attached (1981) cover seems appropriate from ... hell! ... almost 30 years ago!

I can only dream of handling being 53 with the good grace that you've done. I'll be kicking and screaming to that landmark ...

Attachments

• So Be It - Happy Birthday.mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 190
Thanks for coming Jim. It was nice to meet you. I didn't get to talk to you much because when I met you it was only a few mins before show time and I was doing my have a quick beer and try to chill thing.
Friday gigs are always tough for me because I don't have time to decompress after work. I sometimes have trouble socializing because Im still tight from the weeks drudgery.
I guess that Im getting old! If I had it my way I would never play a Friday gig for that reason.
I was so tired last night that I was home in bed by midnight!

Let me know when you have a gig and I'll stop by. It will be nice to see you play.

Thanks for the compliments on my playing and my kit. I really like that Tama Stagestar. I was playing my new 13x5.5 inch Mapex Maple Black Panther snare for the first time. I just got it that morning. I unpacked it and I tuned it at lunch during work. I loved it!

I have a couple of more dates in Bridgeport in a nice little joint (St Patty's Day) but they are wednsday nights and I am canning that place. To much trouble on a work night for too little reward. Then a date at Petes in west haven which is a saturday night. Then it will be the occasional party and that's it for the summer. Shame we werent playing that night. Our Mr. Charlie would have fit in nice. Hey I found you gracious and friendly, and busy. Theres stuff to do! We all had fun.
Petes would the place to go but bring some sticks man cause I will put you to work! You can have Stormy Monday..if you don't mind of course.

Oh and by the way. You did seem to be having fun with the snare. It sounded great and you kept smiling at it during that tasty solo. Now I know why! Sweet birthday gift! The next guys little piccolo whatever it was sounded annoying till I got used to it. The Black Panther had a nice roar to it that I had to forget before I could enjoy his work.
I thought the last tune was going to turn into "Good Lovin". No?

Oh and by the way. You did seem to be having fun with the snare. It sounded great and you kept smiling at it during that tasty solo. Now I know why! Sweet birthday gift! The next guys little piccolo whatever it was sounded annoying till I got used to it. The Black Panther had a nice roar to it that I had to forget before I could enjoy his work.
I thought the last tune was going to turn into "Good Lovin". No?
I was so happy with the sound of that drum that I was shaking with excitement after the first time that I hit it on stage!
I played the panther at a band practice the next day with another band.
I kept looking down and smiling at my snare all during the session!

Aside from a couple of cheap snares that I use for practice I only have one other good snare. It's an old chrome Gretsch 14x5.
I always wanted a good quality maple snare so I finally treated myself.
The Panther surpassed my expectations by a long shot!
Also, I got it for a good price. It was a demo from a music store. It was on an eBay auction.

It's the little things that make life worth living!

The last tune was a total mess. Rob, the acoustic player started to play "The Eleven". I think? Im not really sure! It wasn't on our planned set list. I picked up on it as The Eleven and I began to play the 11/8 time sig. Rob kept screwing it up. I want to forget about it! LOL! Just like it never happened! Perhaps it was Good Love that he was playing? I never asked him. I let it go.

You're right, The drummer that followed me had a nice kit but it didn't sound that good. I think that he has tuning issues. I remember thinking that I hoped that I sounded better than him.

Last edited:
I was so happy with the sound of that drum that I was shaking with excitement after the first time that I hit it on stage!
I played the panther at a band practice the next day with another band.
I kept looking down and smiling at my snare all during the session!

Aside from a couple of cheap snares that I use for practice I only have one other good snare. It's an old chrome Gretsch 14x5.
I always wanted a good quality maple snare so I finally treated myself.
The Panther surpassed my expectations by a long shot!
Also, I got it for a good price. It was a demo from a music store. It was on an eBay auction.

It's the little things that make life worth living!

The last tune was a total mess. Rob, the acoustic player started to play "The Eleven". I think? Im not really sure! It wasn't on our planned set list. I picked up on it as The Eleven and I began to play the 11/8 time sig. Rob kept screwing it up. I want to forget about it! LOL! Just like it never happened! Perhaps it was Good Love that he was playing? I never asked him. I let it go.

You're right, The drummer that followed me had a nice kit but it didn't sound that good. I think that he has tuning issues. I remember thinking that I hoped that I sounded better than him.

To be honest the sound guy had both kits kind of muddied. Both needed a little more edge but overall it was all good.

Here is a pic of the performance.

Attachments

• 26562_384469196868_124259761868_4862715_4150290_n.jpg
    26562_384469196868_124259761868_4862715_4150290_n.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 101
Thanks Conrad! Thanks to all once again!
I haven't felt this good in a long time and you guys are partially to thank for that!

Here is a clip from the drum break during the show.

Attachments

• Toads Drum Jam break.mov
    1.7 MB · Views: 189
Back