Aquarian Studio-X / Bass?

Fusssion

Hey everyone, ...
I recently picked up a vintage (1972'ish) 3ply 14x24 Ludwig kick and wanted to experiment a little and move away from the Super Kick series (not that I don't like them) but was looking for something that's controlled but still has a wide-open feel?

Has anyone used the Studio-X Coated w/ power dot on a bass drum? Most specifically,....the bass I have ?! :)

Thanks everyone!

I have and it's ok. It was an early-80s Ludwig Classic 14x24 (double bass actually). The sound is completely passable, but very boomy. I prefer the Impact II (or Super Kick II) for bass drums from Aquarian.

I recently used a coated Studio-X as a front head (no hole) on an early-60s Slingerland kit (14x20) and it was great.

drum4fun; simmsdn;

Thanks for the response...yes, Force 1 looks like Studio X doesn't it ...the description fits as well.

simmsdn .... I'm looking for a wide open big sound, but not overly boomy .... maybe a Force 1 and a Studio X reso could work....

Thanks again guys

To remove the boomy , cut a hole in the reso head.

Of course, and, always (for me at least)!

Thanks for the feedback ....

Upon further discussion, and in talks with fellow Drummerworld member KarlCrafton ...I'm going to go w/ a Force 1, and a Texture Coated or Ported reso w/ a muffle roll between the batter head and my pedal posts ....

I don't think you'll need the remo "muffle" thingy on the batter head. But they aren't expensive and you could always use it for later (or on the reso head ;) ).
I have my cheap kit with a force 1 front and back and a small hole on the reso . It works great (still a cheap kit and doesn't sound as awesome as my beech custom)

I don't think you'll need the remo "muffle" thingy on the batter head. But they aren't expensive and you could always use it for later (or on the reso head ;) ).
I have my cheap kit with a force 1 front and back and a small hole on the reso . It works great (still a cheap kit and doesn't sound as awesome as my beech custom)

Thanks , but I wasn't referring to a Remo 'muffle' ...this is home-made ;)

Back