Last album you listened to that really blew you away

Frost

Silver Member
For me it would have been Pelican - What we all come to need.

I highly recommend it for the post-rock/metal fans out there, great instrumental music.

A few of them I was listen to: RAMMSTEIN - Live Aus Berlin, The Who ~ Quadrophenia.

It's pretty hard to "blow me away" these days, but here's 3 that I've been listening to a lot lately:
1. Arctic Monkeys - Humbug
2. PJ Harvey - White Chalk
3. Meshuggah - ObZen

What did you think of Obzen? I remember really getting into Messhuggah but I found a lot of their stuff became a bit the same after a while.

Meshuggah Live and Obzen
Periphery - Periphery
Birelli Lagrene - Electric Side
Guthrie Govan - Erotic Cakes

What did you think of Obzen? I remember really getting into Messhuggah but I found a lot of their stuff became a bit the same after a while.
You mean like after a song or two? :D Somehow I happened to hear Bleed, which has a this really cool and relentless double bass part. I don't usually go for double bass (and don't play one) or get into cookie monster vocals (pretty much not at all) but this song really grew on me and soon the rest of the album did too. Tomas Haake is a fantastic drummer.

Hmmm... Either The Beatles' White Album or Streetlight Manifestos' version of Keasby Nights (which is better then Catch 22's. Hope I'm not offending any fans out there)

For me it would have been Pelican - What we all come to need.

I highly recommend it for the post-rock/metal fans out there, great instrumental music.

I saw Pelican a while ago when they did a tour with Isis. One of the best shows I have been to.

For me the most recent album that blew me away was "Terra Incognita" by Gojira.

I saw Pelican a while ago when they did a tour with Isis. One of the best shows I have been to.

For me the most recent album that blew me away was "Terra Incognita" by Gojira.

I really loved Terra Incognita as well, I also happen to be a huge Isis fan :D I saw them in Melbourne, it was a great live gig.

Them Crooked Vultures- Self Titled album-13 songs. Just a mixture of brilliant and powerful rock and roll songs; with awesome drum parts from Mr. Grohl as well.

If you mean last album as in the last album that came out, it would be 30 Seconds To Mars - This Is War

Last album could be the most recent or it could be an older album which you have just picked up for the first time.

I can't really think of anything "recent" that blew me away so I'll just list my favorites...

Lateralus/Aenima - Tool
Still Life - Opeth
Moving Pictures/Signals/2112 - Rush (can't pick one)
Paranoid/Vol. 4 - Black Sabbath
Rust in Peace - Megadeth
Human - Death
Focus - Cynic

The best thing that's "recent" I can think of is Crack the Skye by Mastodon, or Watershed by Opeth.

Oops, forgot:

In Absentia - Porcupine Tree
Bedlam in Goliath - The Mars Volta
Remember Two Things - Dave Matthews Band

Also, The Incident by Porcupine Tree, and Night is the New Day by Katatonia are some more good "recent" albums.

Last edited:
Back