Is chickenfoot kid friendly?

Liaztraht

Silver Member
A co-worker asked me, but I haven't listened to them since they first came out.
I just need to know if the lyrics are appropriate for young ears, because he plans on giving one of their cds that he won on the radio, to his nephew.

Thanks in advance ^^

It's straight rock & roll with rock & roll themes, but they're not in any way explisit. Definitely a lot more child friendly than much of the hip hop and r&b that is played on the radio now.

Definitely not a bad band to get someone into rock music either. Chad Smith and Michael Anthony make a formidable rhythm section, and Joe Satriani works surprisingly well in a band context (with a lead vocalist and not just constant guitar solos). And of course, Sammy Hagar is still Sammy Hagar: One of the great rock & roll singers out there, and even past the age of 60 he still rocks with the best of them.

How young is young?

Typical rock lyric themes, love, lust and women, among other things.

Some lines could be taken as inappropriate for small children if you were to really pay attention to the innuendos, but certainly no worse than anything you'd hear on the radio, and I doubt they'd get the innuendo's anyway.
There is no blatant swearing that I recall. I've played the 1st CD around my young children.

The hip new cartoon the kids are into these days is Phineas & Ferb, and that show has enough innuendos to keep adults engaged, and the music is blatant punk rock n roll (we have a stage show here at Disneyland and the kids love it). I would think if the kids like that, chickenfoot wouldn't be that inappropriate. As was already said, alot of the rap stuff kids like is, I think, way more inappropriate than any rock 'n' roll these days.

Thank you all for the info :D
I'm not sure how old the kid is, but its enough for my co-worker to go by.
Thanks!

I grew up listening to Van Halen and AC/DC through my dad and I never knew basically every song was just a great big innuendo. I think as long as cuss words are edited out kids won't pick up on it and if they do then they probably have heard worse than that.

Some lines could be taken as inappropriate for small children if you were to really pay attention to the innuendos, but certainly no worse than anything you'd hear on the radio, and I doubt they'd get the innuendo's anyway.

I second that. The lyrics do sometimes serve as innuendos but as mentioned before, if has been done before by many other bands in the past (more or less blatantly : think AC/DC, Aerosmith) and it can't really get any worse than hearing the guys on the radio swearing their lungs out. Good rock and roll tunes, I personally find them great.

Back