Heads for Alt/Metal

Conlan

Trying to get a few more years out a Tama Swingstar (the older model with Mahogany shells)

Was thinking of using Evans G2 for the batters and G1s for the reso.

This kit is used in a Alternative band that plays a little metal as well.

Thanks

That should be perfectly fine. G2's over G1's is one of the most versatile combination's ever. However I would recommend Coated G2's over regular G1's.

Thanks, yep, was thinking of the coated G2s.

How 'bout the snare?

Was thinking maybe Evans Genera HD dry batter and Hazy 300 snare?

I would use the ST or the ST dry. They're very durrable and surprisingly versatile. EC2 snare heads with the dot don't sound bad either.

Evans G2 are great but don't last as long as remo emperors which I would recommend over them... i would recommend a black dot on the snare or a powerstroke 3.. and a clear powerstroke 3 or aquarian superkick 2 on the bass drum...

Evans G2 are great but don't last as long as remo emperors which I would recommend over them... QUOTE]

The G2's hold up just as long without denting and hold their coating for longer. The ST or ST Dry with a Hazy 300 would be great on the snare (have this combo on my 14x6.5" Tama Artstar). If you want a versatile kick head, check out the Evans GMAD.

Thanks, yep, was thinking of the coated G2s.

How 'bout the snare?

Was thinking maybe Evans Genera HD dry batter and Hazy 300 snare?

evans genera dry w/ hazy 300
why the genera dry?
although it is 1 ply, and its not too durable
the sound will be brighter
but to attain this, youll need to cut the tone control ring on the inside... (thats what i did, great sounding)

Back