Demon Drive or Tricks?!?!?!

ive been planning on getting Trick longboards but i just saw those new Demon Drives. the DDs looks exactly like the Tricks!! I think their cheaper too. but idk. which is better?!?! i know its not even out yet but do i havto switch what i want?!?!?!

I tried the Demon at NAMM and it's a very slick pedal, but not enough to get me to switch from Trick.

The Demon's street price is pretty close to the Trick, maybe you'd save $10-15. So if you really want the Trick, just get it.

Bermuda

I tried the Demon at NAMM and it's a very slick pedal, but not enough to get me to switch from Trick.

The Demon's street price is pretty close to the Trick, maybe you'd save $10-15. So if you really want the Trick, just get it.

Bermuda

Oh WOW. youve been to namm?!? dont wanna take up ur time or anything but, how was that?! can u only be invited?

but is Demon as slick as trick? hows the feel compared to trick? cause ive never been able to try either so i just figure the more expensive one would be the better feel.

The NAMM International Music Market is a trade show and not open to the public, so admission is fairly restricted. Basically you have to be affiliated with a retail, distribution, or manufacturing company, who specify who gets badges. Members of the media covering the show are granted admission by NAMM. Artists may also be given badges by one of the companies they endorse.

It's a great chance to see the newest products, but is really intended for the manufacturers (exhibitors) to display their gear for distributors and retail buyers. It's not a place to wail on drums and cymbals.

I found the Demon to be smooth and quick, but it didn't 'stick' to my foot the way the Trick does, and the reason that the Trick is so responsive.

Bermuda

The NAMM International Music Market is a trade show and not open to the public, so admission is fairly restricted. Basically you have to be affiliated with a retail, distribution, or manufacturing company, who specify who gets badges. Members of the media covering the show are granted admission by NAMM. Artists may also be given badges by one of the companies they endorse.

It's a great chance to see the newest products, but is really intended for the manufacturers (exhibitors) to display their gear for distributors and retail buyers. It's not a place to wail on drums and cymbals.

I found the Demon to be smooth and quick, but it didn't 'stick' to my foot the way the Trick does, and the reason that the Trick is so responsive.

Bermuda

So for sure you would go with the tricks?

Ideally, you should find a place where you can try both pedals for yourself, don't simply take my word for it. I've used a lot of pedals in the past, and for more than 21 years endorsed DW (first the 5000, later the 9000.) During that time, I'd buy the newest 'hot' pedals to see if the DW was still best for me, and it always was. But when the Trick came along, the choice was clear to me and my foot, and I left DW.

I still check out other pedals to make sure the Trick is still right for me, and I was curious about the Demon and tried it several times during the NAMM show. It's a nice pedal, but not nice enough to make me switch. So I definitely recommend the Trick.

Since you want the longboard, you might look at the Trick Dominator, which has the same basic action as the Pro 1-v, and sells for about $75 less (for the single.)

Good luck,

Bermuda

I'm getting a double pedal in the future. I was wondering how big the difference between direct drive and conventional chains? I haven't gotten a chance to play on very many direct drives. I've only tried the Axis a couple times and the Yamaha. Smooth pedals, well the yamaha sucked, the axis was not much smoother than the other stuff.
A smooth pedal to me is important, but I classify DW 5000/9000 and Iron Cobras as very smooth. I'm not double kick drummer of the year but lately I've been acing fast songs on a busted cheap twin pedal. I can also play some double kick patterns with one foot, so I feel like when I buy a nice pedal, I'll fly.

Can I save money and get the beautiful DW or Iron cobra? Or should I save up now to get the demon drive or trick. Getting parts for Trick gear might be hard (here in Canada), in my area there's only one chain of stores that stock them.

I find a direct-pull pedal to have a more intimate feel, so it responds better to my foot. After years with various 5000s, I started using a DW 9000 when it came out and it's a very nice pedal, and IMO a big step above the IC. Between those two, I'd recommend a 9000.

But you'd also feel the difference between the DW and the Trick, and you have to decide if that's worth the extra $100 or so. I think the pedal is worth it, but I also view my expenses as investments.

Bermuda

Back