Gibraltar rack!

SimSalaBim

Hi

I kind of lost my patience with setting up my toms on a tom holder. I just can't get them to comfortable position. I also considered separate tom hold but now also looking for a rack option. What are the pros and cons of drum rack. Is it a transport problem? I am really considering buying basic Gibraltar GRS-400C rack and set my 2 toms and 2 crashes on it. Any tips are welcome. Thanks.

I think this issue was discussed here many times already. Some people love them, some people hate them. I don't like them because I have to move my stuff around myself - like setting up in one area, then moving it to the stage, then moving it off once you're done. If I did the rack thing, I'd definitely would be needing help to move it, which I can't always assume I'll get. That's my biggest issue with the rack. Some people don't mind that, though.

I saw a used Yamaha Hex Rack on GC yesterday for cheap. Not sure if it's still there. I would've snagged it if I didn't already have one.

Well after reading a lot of love hate rack threads I bought Gibraltar GRS-400C front rack and can say I am very pleased. All is setup really well and the whole thing is not so heavy as some users suggested. So for the moment I can say I am a rack fan.

Here is a before and after for you!! I also have rack mounted 2 of my floor toms.

Attachments

• 102_1655.JPG
    102_1655.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 102_1669.JPG
    102_1669.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 196
The 2 floor toms that are rack mounted. One I flipped the legs upside down. The other (14") I actually bought an iso hoop. No room for my second 16" floor tom on the rack, so it's still a floor tom.

Attachments

• 102_1670.JPG
    102_1670.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 233
Personally, I HATE racks. Mostly because I played in a crappy punk rock band, and our drummer ALWAYS used a rack, and it was obnoxious. Always got terrible reactions for it. That, and it just seems more of a hastle than a convenience, and I do believe that a lot of people just use them to look more professional, or to draw attention to themselves. The little Gibraltar side rack things look pretty sweet, though. I would consider using one of those.

Back