Gone Too Soon

My dear oldest sister was diagnosed with cancer and in less than 6 months, this lovely, supposed healthy person was gone. Melanoma is not to be messed with. If you find yourself in the sun a lot, cover up. sunscreen is cheap, wear a hat, do what you can to even avoid the chance. Not preaching, but just no need when some avoidance will help. RIP Mitch

That is what killed both of my grandfathers and being a former lifeguard I’ve had my run of it myself. Needless to say I am going to a dermatologist annually to be sure it doesn’t happen to me again.

Seeing that photo, I have no idea who it is.

And then it sets in, it's "Mitch", with that "Mitch" avatar.

May I segue, Mike?

Mr. Mayor, would it be possible to "retire" the member's avatar in the initial post. If not here, maybe going forward.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

John M.

I'm not sure what you mean. Not letting someone else use it. Another Mitch?

Whoop, sorry. When you posted Mitch's obit, your avatar is at the top of the thread. Just wondering if you could post using Mitch's avatar instead, so it would look like Mitch posted his own obit. Strange request - thought it might make sense to tie the obit to the avatar.

That's why I posted his picture. So that people who didn't know him would get a glimpse. I think his posting his own obituary would be a little strange and maybe macabre.

I just got this from Mitch's wife in response to my post on his Facebook page.

Thank you so much! I know how much Mitch enjoyed being a member of the forum. I just joined the forum and saw the thread about your sending a message to his FB. I sent a message to “GruntersDad” hoping that he would share with you all. I am not familiar with the forum but I hope it got through. Thank you all for being a big part of Mitch’s life!

Please tell the men that we have set up a go fund me page to support first year teachers to help with them getting their classrooms setUp. If anyone is so inclined to learn more it can be found at “Mitch Mulcahy’s Teachers Rock Fund.”

I know this may sound crass. But we want to use a small drum for his urn. Any suggestions on where I might find a small one? I don’t want to break up his set.

I will be sending a 10 inch Catalina Maple tom. Very fitting for his Gretsch-ish Avatar.

Last edited:
I just got this from Mitch's wife in response to my post on his Facebook page.

Thank you so much! I know how much Mitch enjoyed being a member of the forum. I just joined the forum and saw the thread about your sending a message to his FB. I sent a message to “GruntersDad” hoping that he would share with you all. I am not familiar with the forum but I hope it got through. Thank you all for being a big part of Mitch’s life!

Please tell the men that we have set up a go fund me page to support first year teachers to help with them getting their classrooms setUp. If anyone is so inclined to learn more it can be found at “Mitch Mulcahy’s Teachers Rock Fund.”

I know this may sound crass. But we want to use a small drum for his urn. Any suggestions on where I might find a small one? I don’t want to break up his set.

I will be sending a 10 inch Catalina Maple tom. Very fitting for his Gretsch-ish Avatar.

Good on you John for that very kind gesture and thanks for posting the reply from Mitch's wife.

For some reason, I missed this in September of last year. Like others have said, be careful with too much sun exposure, Melanoma is not to be reckoned with. I saw first hand what a terrible disease this is to fight.
RIP Mitch. :-(

In my early life I worked as a hospital engineering mechanic for 7 years. The first time I was in a room while a human being moved from life to death I was only 19 years old (I acted as security during a code blue).

It was a life changing experience for me. Mitch’s life will continue through all the lives he was honored to have been a part of, as we all will someday.

Pete

Back