Baseball thread

First of all, this part of Florida is transplant land. Most residents are from some other region or state that have moved here. The Boston fans that were in attendance were locals wearing Boston gear because its easier to root for a winner than to admit they lived here. As for the lack of old jersies, I guess the Boston fans that flipped flopped, had to buy new gear so that again, they could root for the winner. Fair weather is a good depiction for the fans, since the Boston fans rooting for Tampa now are also fair weathered. If the Rays don't win another game this year, they have proven to be a worthy competitor now and not just a door mat. If memory serves they did win the division this year. More cowbell. Another reason for the change of jersies is the change of name. Tampa Bay Rays. No longer the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. The fans are into it enough to change jersies with the team and not wear old gear.
Although your explanation almost makes sense, I find it hard to believe EVERY fan would buy a new jersey, you mean to tell me ALL of them found it distasteful to wear LAST YEAR'S jersey? What are the ODDS!!

As for Red Sox nation, it is well documented that it has popularity second to NONE in Florida and most other states. Even BEFORE they were a winning team.

It was funny watching them not how to watch a game last night, a pitch right down the middle called strike, boos because they wanted to show their into it. Now Game 5's crowd, ridiculous, thats what happens when none of the rich people go to say they went you get the Fenway magic, great picture in The Boston Globe today of a very verrrrry flabby guy without a shirt on trying to rile the crowd up down 7-0.

Although your explanation almost makes sense, I find it hard to believe EVERY fan would buy a new jersey, you mean to tell me ALL of them found it distasteful to wear LAST YEAR'S jersey? What are the ODDS!!

As for Red Sox nation, it is well documented that it has popularity second to NONE in Florida and most other states. Even BEFORE they were a winning team.

OK you win I quit.............

But to use your explanation, none of last years fans are there this year or there would be old jersies. I have hats and jersies from the first year that I wouldn't wear now. I'm not sure what your point is. I'm rooting for my team, you're rooting for yours. I guess you don't have a choice living in Rhode Island where there are no teams.

RAYS WIN!!!! RAYS WIN!!! OMG THE RAYS WIN!!!!! WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go have a heart attack now.

ALL OF THAT EXPERIENCE COULDN'T BEAT A BUNCH OF KIDS.

HA HA HA HA HA

I have refrained from commenting on this thread because it would do no good........ UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAYS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the worst, most arrogant fans in baseball enjoy their off season.

Isn't this worth the wait GD? We watched this team from the bottom and followed them to the top. No bandwagoners here!

Now, if we could only get these transplants to follow thier sorry ass team back to Boston all would be well here in the south. Get the hell outta my house!

Congratulations Rays fans!!

Garza was AMAZING and deserved the win!!

Well, I'll be rooting for the best team to WIN the world series!!

So, GO PHILLIES!!!

From worst to FIRST. Last years champs are this years Chumps.
If they had only kept Babe Ruth.

From worst to FIRST. Last years champs are this years Chumps.
If they had only kept Babe Ruth.
Chumps don't MAKE it to the playoffs, I'm sure you remember that feeling.

Next year everyone will be healthy, I'm sure it'll be a better year than even this one.

Last edited:
Always with the "next year" blah blah blah. We had injuries also so I guess we'll be stronger, but we were strong enough THIS YEAR.

LOL, Rays fans...who would have thunk it.. Only an unknowledgable dork would still bring up babe ruth...LOL I was gonna say congrats but you guys sound like bigger asses then the fans you so hate. Hey how about supporting the team when they lose too?? I feel bad for the real fans in Philly who have to listen to the queer cowbells for 2 more games. If it was not for transplanted fans TB would not even have a team, you hear more fans from the other team (any team) at all their games except when they are winning of course.. Fairweather Rays fans...good luck but I think the Phillies will sweep your sorry asses under the rug. Then you can go back to bingo and shuffleboard. Curious to see what the ratings will be for this one.

Back