Iron Cobra Power Stroke Single

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
So I just picked up one of these pedals. I opted for the single since 90% of what I do I don't need the double.

Now to the point; upon unpacking the pedal I did not find a counter balance for the beater. I don't know if this is something that is no longer included. The Tama website does not show it on their pedals and I have not been able to download the parts breakdown.

Anyone else have input out there? Does not bother me terribly but if it was supposed to come with it I think I should get it from Tama.

Sad but true. I myself have bought two of those new type of IC single pedals aleady because I felt that the "Rolling Glide" version is more suitable for me. And I too noticed that there is no counterbalance in the packet. But I think you are still able to buy that separately. The item code for that is BC7.

I think they stopped including the beater weights in 2007 when they introduced the cobra coil. All the Cobras from 1993-2006 included them tho.

I think they stopped including the beater weights in 2007 when they introduced the cobra coil. All the Cobras from 1993-2006 included them tho.

Well, I bought set of IC double pedals with Cobra Coils in 2010 and they had counterbalances in the beaters.

I dont know if it counts but my 2010 speed cobras came with counter-weights

I guess its the new 2011 Cobras that dont have the weights. The stock Cobra beater is too heavy for me anyway. I used Yamaha felt beaters on my ICs when I had them.

Sad but true. I myself have bought two of those new type of IC single pedals aleady because I felt that the "Rolling Glide" version is more suitable for me. And I too noticed that there is no counterbalance in the packet. But I think you are still able to buy that separately. The item code for that is BC7.

How do you like the rolling glide? I chose the power version because I tend to hit hard and it made it easier to do so with less effort. I think we can change the cams if I am not mistaken.

How do you like the rolling glide? I chose the power version because I tend to hit hard and it made it easier to do so with less effort. I think we can change the cams if I am not mistaken.

I like the rolling glide because it feels more like "direct drive" for me because the cam is round. Easier to control the power of the strokes as well.

Back