roc n soc thrones

Yes they are.

Very comfy!

Every time I sit on another drummer's less comfortable throne, I am glad I got one.

I have both a DW9000 round seat throne and the Roc n Soc throne, and I have to admit, I do like how my legs aren't obstructed by the stool when I play. However, I sit at the edge of my thrones anyway so sometimes it doesn't matter. I do like the velour top (a feature available on round seats too) it helps with keeping my butt cool when you start sweating. I suppose you'll have to try it to see if you like it.

I have quite a few lower back problems, so my Lunar model with the backrest is really invaluable. It's so comfy, while I was away for a while, my wife brought it up from the drum room to use as a barstool at the kitchen counter. Doubt she would have done that if it weren't pretty comfy!

Your butt will love you forever. And if you get a backrest you will not regret it.

I have both a DW9000 round seat throne and the Roc n Soc throne, and I have to admit, I do like how my legs aren't obstructed by the stool when I play. However, I sit at the edge of my thrones anyway so sometimes it doesn't matter. I do like the velour top (a feature available on round seats too) it helps with keeping my butt cool when you start sweating. I suppose you'll have to try it to see if you like it.

Butt Sweat...EEEEWWWWW...GROSSSSSS!.

JK....Seriously though. I have a Sound Percussion Embroidered throne (same shape as RnS but $50+ cheaper) and I cant say enough good things about it.

Last edited:
I had a Roc and Soc nitro. As much as I like them, the one time it failed on me midsong was enough of a reason to go to the Roc and Soc spindle seat. That thing will be supporting someones hind end for the next 10,000 years, it's built so good.
But the bounce of a nitro is nice. I got probably 4 years from my nitro. I still use it in my studio for others to use, but the gas cylinder slowly loses pressure.

I don't feel an adequate level of support when I sit on ROC's, like sitting on a cheap pillow.

I need support, not a soft seat my body can easily shift around on. Comfort on a drum throne to me is stability and IMO ROC does not deliver.

At one time I had two Roc N Soc thrones. The first one I bought was the "Lunar" model with the bicycle type seat. The second was the Roc N Soc round seat also with the hydraulic type of adjustment. I found that after sitting on the round seat for more than about 20 minutes I started to loose feeling in my legs because of the diameter of the round seat stopping the blood flow to the back of my legs. That seat went back to the store after only two days. The lunar model that I still own felt great and still does, but I too decided that I needed a bit more substance under the buns, so I usually go for the Tama round hydraulic thrones. I still do use the Roc N soc throne with the back rest at the mixing desk.

DSC_0140-1.jpg

Dennis

I enjoy my Nitro a lot, had for 6 years now. The only thing I've noticed is creaking whenever I shift weight but I'm very rough on thrones from loading/unloading, sitting back on legs, and leaning to the sides a lot without my feet being planted on the ground.

I'd also try out a Pork Pie round throne if you get a chance, I've read that they're really nice.

I considered the Roc n Soc which do look very good. But I just recently bought the Tama Ergo Rider and can't speak highly enough. Really firm, beautifully engineered, 4 legs for additional stability and a backrest too. For a big guy like me I need great support as well as something that won't fold under me when I get into it. Brilliant I can't say more.

Godly. Nuff' said! ;)

I enjoy my Nitro a lot, had for 6 years now. The only thing I've noticed is creaking whenever I shift weight but I'm very rough on thrones from loading/unloading, sitting back on legs, and leaning to the sides a lot without my feet being planted on the ground.

I'd also try out a Pork Pie round throne if you get a chance, I've read that they're really nice.

I own two Pork Pie Thrones. One a bicycle seat throne, and the other the standard round throne. They are both super comfortable. Neither bounces like some of the hydraulic ones. They are basically standard thrones, but really comfortable and the hardware is ridiculously high end (they are super heavy, similar to DW 9000 hardware). They appeal to someone who wants a little flashiness.

One other small distinction is they have standard tripod bases, not the plastic 5 leg bases that look like office chairs (like some of the Roc N Soc thrones have).

If I wasnt as concerned about aesthetics, my next throne would probably be a Roc N Soc.

Back