Is Pollyanna a girl?

Since this is a Pol thread I would go as far to say that the place took on more of a personal nature since her arrival. She is undoubtedly the most prolific female poster and by virtue of her post count and flair for writing, coupled with her natural inclusion of everyones comments as a springboard for her own, she brought the place closer together, in a noticeable way.
Bringing in a female POV from this top heavy male membership was SORELY needed too. I wish our more feminine contigent would be more vocal as it were. Left to our own devices males tend to operate independently whereas when you add females into the mix, they naturally draw us closer...towards them ha ha. It's just more balanced.

Well said Larry.

And if nothing else, Polly makes better jokes than nearly everyone else on this board put together.

Well said Larry.

And if nothing else, Polly makes better jokes than nearly everyone else on this board put together.

Cheers DED. Two cannibals are eating a clown ... one of them says, "Does this taste funny to you?" ... I also make some of the worst jokes found here :)

Just a thought about responsiveness, what Larry was saying. I'd guess that about 2/3rds of members ignore much of what others say and just throw in their two cents' worth.

It's weird ... while there are some highly tuned-in guys here but I also see threads where members seem closed off in their little bubbles, repeating what's been said earlier ... and without even acknowledging those who originally said it.

When responses do come, too often key issues are ignored in order to nitpick some stupid, peripheral rubbish. If someone flames or says something controversial, suddenly there's mass engagement.

I'd like to see more female involvement here, but it won't happen. We tend to leave the floor to guys if we're outnumbered. I'm atypical because I inherited my mother's craziness.

PS. Bob, last time I looked I was still a woman ... but I can't be sure because I avoid mirrors these days. Not sure what horrors await next time I dare look!

I'd guess that about 2/3rds of members ignore much of what others say and just throw in their two cents' worth.

Good point. I have no idea what the true percentage is, but I'm always staggered every time I read: "I couldn't be bothered to read the thread, so sorry if it's been mentioned already...." or "I never read all the posts". I just don't get that (unless it's a 5 year old thread that runs to 30 pages long).

I read far more than I write here and if I post on a thread then I've read everyone else's posts too.....from the profound to the ridiculous. It seems strange to me. Who enters into a physical conversation without knowing what is being said and just jumps on a soap box?

One thing I've noticed is that some people don't read what is written before. I figure probably about 2/3rds. Anybody agree? JK Pol.

Thanks for the clown joke, I had forgotten about that. I like that one.

Nice impression, Larry. Our singer usually drops that one at gigs ... there's always this delay and then someone will go haha and everyone looks around at the person who picked it up, followed by a trickle of hahas. It doesn't exactly bring the house down but the reaction amuses Glenn :)

PFOG, I'm with you. Even I read more than I write!

The classic threads for talking and not listening are the "Who are your five favourite Latin and western drummers?".

Each person pipes up with a bunch of unfamiliar names - no reasoning, description, genre ... just names. No one's going to check YouTube for thirty unknown drummers named who may be playing music you can't relate to. So each is a voice in the wilderness - like a vote in a federal election, a personal web page or a message in a bottle - with a vague hope that someone might relate.

Good point. I have no idea what the true percentage is, but I'm always staggered every time I read: "I couldn't be bothered to read the thread, so sorry if it's been mentioned already...." or "I never read all the posts". I just don't get that (unless it's a 5 year old thread that runs to 30 pages long).

I read far more than I write here and if I post on a thread then I've read everyone else's posts too.....from the profound to the ridiculous. It seems strange to me. Who enters into a physical conversation without knowing what is being said and just jumps on a soap box?

sorry to say it mate but some people have better things to do than read through 4 or 5 pages of long drawn out posts.

sorry to say it mate but some people have better things to do than read through 4 or 5 pages of long drawn out posts.

If everyone rolled that way Ed, this place would be a shambles. No discussion, no elaborating on points made, no-one bothering to follow up or query interesting ideas presented, no-one to dispell opinions passed off as fact and no real clarity.....just 25,000 people talking over the top of each other in the race to be heard.

How does someone who is on a genuine quest for answers negotiate that minefield? How would one ever have any idea what the best bass pedal for metal is? There'd be 150 answers and ALL of them different.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't have the time to read any of the posts in this thread, I don't know if anyone stated it before, but as far as I know Polly is a girl. In fact, a woman rather.

Funny, i believe that this is your first post on this thread. You must've taken the time to actually read this entire thing in order to pretend that you know nothing about it. Ha.

Since I am the OP here, I have read every single post and i am proud!

lmao i can't help but be reminded of when a girl walks into a D n D store. nuff said.

That's usually when the shop owner tells her "Don't worry - they're more afraid of you than you are of them".

Funny, i believe that this is your first post on this thread. You must've taken the time to actually read this entire thing in order to pretend that you know nothing about it. Ha.

Since I am the OP here, I have read every single post and i am proud!

Yeah of course it was a joke. Actually I didn't read all the posts really, but I saw the discussion about those guys who jump into a discussion without ever having read what was said before, and even almost proudly admit they haven't.

This is, by far, the strangest thread I've read on any forum in weeks. Carry on. Oh but first, how about this one (i hope i didn't miss the deadline):

Pollyanna
I Have A Vagina

This is, by far, the strangest thread I've read on any forum in weeks. Carry on. Oh but first, how about this one (i hope i didn't miss the deadline):

Pollyanna
I Have A Vagina

I think we have a winner.

Lets contact Bernhard and see what he thinks. Why doesn't he respond to the greatness that occurs in the Off Topic Lounge? I wonder...

I think we have a winner.

Lets contact Bernhard and see what he thinks. Why doesn't he respond to the greatness that occurs in the Off Topic Lounge? I wonder...

I trust in Dog Breath all the way

Nevert bash Ringo

Bernhard

Back