Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

Found a great deal from a cool guy in Knoxville. Long drive but well worth it! I recently got the G2/G1 combo, and played the kit out for the first time on Saturday, April 4th. It sounded amazing to say the least. There were four bands, and the first band's drummer was very late (but we knew this was going to happen). I called him and told him he could play my kit if he wanted, and when he got there, I think he was pleasantly surprised. He complemented it after we both played, so I was even happier. I'll post pics of the actual show later.

Anyway, this is a Gretsch Renown Maple in Autumn Burst. The sizes are a 20x22 virgin bass drum, 7x8 tom, 8x10 tom, 9x12 tom, 14x14 floor tom, 5x13 Tama Stagestar Snare (nice aux snare), and a 5x14 DW Collector's Series Black over Brass Snare Drum. Check out my thread to see more pics!

http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=561294&posted=1#post561294

RenownMaple9.jpg

RenownMaple3.jpg

RenownMaple1.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Particulars are located in the My Gear section under Gretsch Catalina Maple in Wine Red but here are my pics.
Road Kit and Practice Kit (Bella's Kit)

Attachments

• Massive amount of Shiny Cymbals.JPG
    Massive amount of Shiny Cymbals.JPG
    320.7 KB · Views: 9,257
  • Massive Cymbals Front.JPG
    Massive Cymbals Front.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 9,049
  • Massive Cymbals Rear.JPG
    Massive Cymbals Rear.JPG
    311.9 KB · Views: 11,139
  • Bellas drums side.JPG
    Bellas drums side.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 8,902
  • Bellas drums.JPG
    Bellas drums.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 8,615
  • Bellas drums daddys drums.JPG
    Bellas drums daddys drums.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 8,410
3427177123_aed7b1988d_o.jpg

70's gretsch fully restored. covering removed, mounting holes patched up, lacquered with silver sparkle, and upgraded hardware with gibraltar style heavy duty spurs, and new gretsch floor tom legs and mounts. t-claws switched out to rods

3427177151_887114201c_o.jpg

bass drum showing some of the finish and the stop sign badges

3427177185_8b1811b2ee_o.jpg

here is the new floor tom mounts much better than the 70's gear

3427177209_9ab4a8ff43_o.jpg

the new spurs with replacement hoops also done in the silver lacquer.

i'll post some more pictures later on once I get everything set up.

3427177123_aed7b1988d_o.jpg

70's gretsch fully restored. covering removed, mounting holes patched up, lacquered with silver sparkle, and upgraded hardware with gibraltar style heavy duty spurs, and new gretsch floor tom legs and mounts. t-claws switched out to rods

3427177151_887114201c_o.jpg

bass drum showing some of the finish and the stop sign badges

i'll post some more pictures later on once I get everything set up.

Nice job man! you have a really cool player kit there!!

Found a great deal from a cool guy in Knoxville. Long drive but well worth it! I recently got the G2/G1 combo, and played the kit out for the first time on Saturday, April 4th. It sounded amazing to say the least. There were four bands, and the first band's drummer was very late (but we knew this was going to happen). I called him and told him he could play my kit if he wanted, and when he got there, I think he was pleasantly surprised. He complemented it after we both played, so I was even happier. I'll post pics of the actual show later.

Anyway, this is a Gretsch Renown Maple in Autumn Burst. The sizes are a 20x22 virgin bass drum, 7x8 tom, 8x10 tom, 9x12 tom, 14x14 floor tom, 5x13 Tama Stagestar Snare (nice aux snare), and a 5x14 DW Collector's Series Black over Brass Snare Drum. Check out my thread to see more pics!

http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=561294&posted=1#post561294

RenownMaple3.jpg

Thanks!
Now that is a beauty! Veery classy!

Nice compact set up! Love the finish!!

thanks!

i'm playing around with the tom/cymbal set up. I usually play with a 12x8 tom so this drum has a bit of a jump up than what i'm used to and the die cast rims are taller than rolled rims. I would like the crash a little closer too but i'm still trying to figure it out.

I think i'm going to buy a dw 9999 double tom/cymbal stand which should move the crash cymbal closer.

I might put up either a 16" a custom projection crash on the right, or put up a 20" a custom ride on the right.

but as you can tell I like a simple set up and I don't want to add too much extra crap to my hardware case. It's already packed to the gills and weights a ton.

Cool..

And ~word~ on not wanting to add anymore HW.. I thought I had
a minimalist set up! Very nice dude!

Nice pix Dalton!!!

Gonna be looking out for a Renown Maple (to give the Purewoods a break from gigging) in that finish..

Rock the lugs off 'em bro!

hi everybody

this is my brand new gretsch kit.

It's a Gretsch Catalina Maple in Tobacco Sunburst Fade. I hope i can buy new cymbals very soon. Maybee Sabian XS 20.

img0565p.jpg

img0568s.jpg

have a nice day!!

GDrummer

Another fine addition to the Gretsch Family of musical products. Very nice.

Nice. Where did you find the New Classic snare in my favorite flavor??

Back