What's the story behind your user name?

I was in a play many years ago and we're performing a voodoo ritual in order to get rid of an unwanted house guest and the guy playing my roomate has the line: "Oh, by the way do we have a live goat?" So that's where my name comes from. Well, also because I have a four-chambered stomach and can digest aluminum cans and zip lock bags.

--LG

The nickname my friends from school called me was Biz, and I'm Australian. Don't know why I spelled it like Mr Osborne.

Titan because I am tall and Sound because I make a lot of noise weather it be playing music, DJ'ing or playing the drums =D

My first drum teacher was my next door neighbor and we were looking at jazz drummers and looked at 2 and the second one was Ed Soph and commented "the last guy's play style was a more sloppy in nature, I like his better, it's nice and smooth."

Smooth + jazz =

then I found out it was a style of jazz, and I hate with a passion.

if only changing the name was an option *sigh*

HAHA! I assumed you were really into smooth jazz. My current group mainly plays smooth jazz but I am getting us more into original stuff in that genre.

My story is a lot like Zambizzi's.. I signed up for an online account years back and wanted to use my name.. (danny anderson), only it was too long. So I shortened it to danander and put a one at the end.. but that was taken.. so I added another one..

Very boring, but unique enough that I have used it for about ten years now.

Peace!

I had worked part time (not as a drummer) for singer Gene Pitney at his Connecticut Beach Club and helped him find sound companies for a tour in 1986 and early 1987. I first got online after I moved to Nashville and he was my first email contact. Gene's internet ID was "onepit" so I named myself onemat. It stuck.
Matt

I am waiting for the explanation to my favorite on this forum, Allthecoolnamesaretaken, its probably pretty obvious but still ingenious.

Somoene was called 'Timebandit' so drumbandit popped into my head. Sounds rather like something else I must admit

I had worked part time (not as a drummer) for singer Gene Pitney at his Connecticut Beach Club and helped him find sound companies for a tour in 1986 and early 1987. I first got online after I moved to Nashville and he was my first email contact. Gene's internet ID was "onepit" so I named myself onemat. It stuck.
Matt

Gene Pitney was one of my favorite singers from the 50's/60's era. "Looking through the eyes of love" was such a great song and the voice....well...for those of you who know who Gene Pitney is, I needn't say anymore. I think he captured the emotion of the 60's in his voice somehow and he will always be one of my all time favorite singers.

My user name is actually a question... Are you okay? Are you O.K.? R.u.o.k?

I know it's somewhat stupid, but it's all I could come up with at the time of my joining this forum.

Garvin is the name of my cat... We named the cat after this crack-head that lived in the jungle by our house when we lived in Costa Rica. He was always perscribing these Rasta remedies that always consisted of random stuff scooped off the jungle floor and steeped in water. Good guy, good cat.

Hands down, best story here.

Mine, I don't really remember. I've been using it as an online handle for a while at various places.

Back