How do you browse the forum?

Naigewron

Platinum Member
I was wondering what people's browsing habits on this forum are. Personally, I think there are too many categories and subcategories here to browse comfortably, so I simply click "New posts" to see which threads have been active since my last visit (this requires me to log in at least once per day, since "New posts" only displays up to 100 threads).

What do you do? Open categories in new tabs? Go back and forth between different categories? Or are your interests so specific that you only surf one or two different forum categories?

First I look for responses in threads I'm involved in, usually looking at the bolded titles. Sometimes there's an issue or idea that comes to mind and I search it out. Sometimes I'm curious about a member's history so I look at the threads they have been involved in.

First I look for responses in threads I'm involved in, usually looking at the bolded titles. Sometimes there's an issue or idea that comes to mind and I search it out. Sometimes I'm curious about a member's history so I look at the threads they have been involved in.

But how do you get involved with a thread in the first place if your standard browsing procedure is to check the threads you're already involved in? Considering your post count, you must come up with a lot of issues and ideas to search out if that's how you get involved with threads :)

But how do you get involved with a thread in the first place if your standard browsing procedure is to check the threads you're already involved in? Considering your post count, you must come up with a lot of issues and ideas to search out if that's how you get involved with threads :)

Not too sure, Naige. I usually start with the threads at the top (that's my forum equivalent to a standard backbeat) .Other than that I just do what comes to mind at the time - it's improv, man! I do a lot of searches and, believe it or not, most times I read threads without responding.

I only say something:

1) If I have a thought I think is worthwhile that hasn't been said

2) For a laugh

3) To reply to a direct comment / question

4) Adding a thumbs up or provide moral support where it's due

5) To lighten things up when people get cranky (see #2)

Quick Links.....Today's Posts, is how I get around. I'm here a bit so don't tend to miss too much that way. If there's not much happening I may check out individual categories......I've even been known to pick out old threads at random by checking out what guests are veiwing via the 'who's online' category. If I want something specific, I'll search.....although that function can be a real chore at times.

i open every sub forum (that interests me) in a seperate tab/instance of firefox and then F5 when i check my PC every 15-20 mins. i'm usually sat at home practicing/recording/mixing in the day when i'm at home. if a thread doesn't interest me then i just go back to the subforum. i only reply on stuff if i have something to add. plus it's better for productivity than checking facebook! haha.

Heh. I never noticed the "New Posts" link. That makes things way easier. I was browsing all subtopics... until now.

I reply to threads where I feel I have something to share, sift through "your playing" for ideas or post my own videos and reply to feedback.

I see who's online, then remember the members who are on DW while they're at work, then I break in their house and go through their stuff.

I see who's online, then remember the members who are on DW while they're at work, then I break in their house and go through their stuff.

Ha.......you'd walk outta my house the same way you walked in......empty handed! There ain't much here worth lifting mate. Unless you wanna do me a favour by stealing a few Wiggles dvd's that constanly invade my tv.

Tell me about it PFOG. I passed on the Wiggles CD but had some pretty good leftover chicken parm you had from the night before. And those sex toys beside your bed...Geez you have a lot! Also what's with all the male enhancement products?

The old fashion way:

I just browse the forums looking for topics that may be interesting.

Although I do wish we could click directly to the sub-forums from the main page.

shf;lfhld khfdas;lflhaslk

This is where your well earned reputation for being quirky backfires on the dimwitted (read, ME), Pol. I just spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure out what 'coded message' you were trying to send us.............then the penny dropped. D'OH!!!

Ah the common mistake of drummers, overcomplicating something simple.

Back