Ludwig Club Date 1969

Mr.L

So, my parents seriously surprised me yesterday. My dad got this 1969 Red Sparkle Ludwig Club Date from New York to Canada without me knowing.

Talk about a surprise!
They look really, really nice in real life.(The pictures do NOT do them justice!)
And they sound big, full, and very warm.
I'm absoultely in love.

Specs:
14x20, 1969 Club Date Bass Drum, 8-lugs
8x12, 1969 Club Date Tom, 6-Lugs
14x14, 1969 Club Date Floor Tom, 6-Lugs
5x14, 1969 Pioneer Snare Drum, 6-Lugs (Sounds good, but I'm currently using the 76' Supraphonic instead)

All in the lovely red sparkle. The picture of snare gives the best depiction of the finish out of all the pictures.
Go Ludwig!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Super nice kit ... same shell as used with the Classic Luddies, the only difference was the center lugs ... cost saving in that there were/are fewer holes needed to be drilled ... less hardware related man-hours .... sweet

:'-( This is what I DREAM of happening to me!!!!!!!

God you're so lucky! Great looking kit! :D

Now I shall get back to seiving with jealousy haha!

Sweeeeeeet! Great stuff mate.

Enjoy!!

It meant something to him.......that's all that matters.

Thanks Pocket!
Yes, I suppose it did matter to me a bit. You know, because you platinum have been around DW, and seen all sorts of kits.

Very nice kit and very underrated IMHO. The Clubdates are excellent drums. Congratulations. The red sparkle looks beautiful.

Really beautiful kit - always wanted a Club Date -- so, so classy.

What kind of pies are you using?

Oh boy, there's the funny part...
I'm still running Sabian B8s, and brass hats. It'll take a few christmases to get the Sabian HHs I'm after.

Pies I'm using:
Sabian B8 18" Crash/Ride
Sabian B8 20" Ride (This guy's a bit older and it sounds somewhat better than the others)
(*sigh*) Powerbeat 14" Brass Hi-Hats

Pies I want:
Sabian HH 16" Dark Crash
Sabian HH 18" Dark Crash
Sabian HH 20" Classic Ride
Sabian HH 14" Dark Hats.

Thanks again everyone for the comments!

Back