The Red Menace's menacing red drums

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Finally got around to stealing my wife's phone and snapping some pics of my kit.

FOT156B.JPG

WP_20140223_002.JPG

WP_20140223_004.JPG

It started its life as a Yamaha Stage Custom Birch in 24x17, 16,12 with a crappy steel snare. Kevin from Crazy 8's drums sliced the kick down to a much more sensible 14" depth (14 crew!!) and redid all the edges then wrapped the whole thing in the lovely red snakeskin fabric. The black FT is an 18" Drumcraft series 8 which never comes to gigs. Just another toy for the practice space.

The snare is a 30's 14x6.5 Leedy COB that I scored on a trip to Flagstaff where I proposed to my wife. At the present time it is my favorite snare.

The cymbals are as follows:

8" Z(something)T splash
15" 70's New Beats
20" Hand Hammered Carl Allen ride
22" K Dark Medium ride

Axis pedal and mish-mash stands. I use Gibraltar flat base when I leave the house.

Take a look and tell me how beautiful everything is. I'll be happy to answer any questions as long as they are submitted in writing and in a English accent. I will also accept a Welsh accent and possibly Australian.

Oh, and I think the cowbell is an LP, the triangle was purchased on the same trip to the pawnshop where I bought the engagement ring. I'm seeing a trend here...

Red Menace; black floor tom. Nice kit though :)

Hah! You joker. The 18" FT is not part of the kit although I was thinking of having it wrapped to match. I do worry that it may be too much drum for that 12" rack tom.

Bill, I can also play Don't fear the reaper and Mississippi Queen...just need to learn them.

You can play Honky Tonk Woman with it.

Works for me.

Only if the cowbell is in E :)

Hey, nice Carl Allen ride, don't see those around much (well, I have one...)

Bermuda

What's that Rogers drum ya got sitting there? :)

Hah! Great eye there T. It is a 60's (I believe) Rogers Holiday 20x14, Has a weird tom mount installed and is missing a hoop and half of the T-rods and claws. I think I'm going to sell it but I have no idea what its worth in that condition.

Hey, nice Carl Allen ride, don't see those around much (well, I have one...)

I love this ride. Somewhat recently moved it to the main crash spot right next to the hats and it has not moved. It serves as a crash that works remarkably well in everything I play and as a second washy ride which compliments the K beautifully.

Is that Carl Allen 20" a "mini-bell" ride?

I have one that says "mini-bell".

Back