Roland setup help

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Roland input setup help, triggering snare sounds

So some of you may have read my post a few weeks ago where I really messed up my right wrist, breaks,dislocation plate and screws to fix it.

Buddy of mine got his boys a Roland kit with a td-6 brain (he got it used from a friend)
I'm really wanting to start playing for our worship service at church and would like to try and use a few pads and the hh trigger pedal to allow me to do so, kind of like Rick Allen does using the left foot for snare hits and such.

Can that HH trigger pedal be setup to trigger snare sounds? If so do I plug the pedal into the snare channel or plug the pedal into the hh channel and assign it a snare sound?Haven't had a chance to sit down with the brain and work with it and the e-kit thing is new to me. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the TD6 but I would think you could do it as it appears its just a matter of re-assigning the instrument to the HH pedal.

For example, I just went and stepped on my HH pedal and depressed the instrument button which will show what instrument is assigned to that pedal. In my case it was "326 - bright HH". Then I just scrolled over the the snare drum group of instruments and picked out one of them. Once I did that the snare drum sound was produced with every depression of the HH pedal.

The above was done on an expanded TD 10. As it's just a matter of instrument re-assignment I would think you could do the same on the TD6. I hope this helps and wish you a speedy recover. Please let me know if you need additional information.

does your hh pedal plug into an hh control on the back of the td-10?

A call to Roland today confirmed the fp8 does not have a trigger in it only a controller

The FD-8 is an "expression pedal", it mimics the hi-hat pedal in a way, much like a real hi-hat pedal works. It gives you the open/closed sound. You still need to hit a pad, with a stick, to "trigger" the hi-hat.​
If you want to "trigger" the snare with a foot pedal, then you need to set up something like a Pintech Ergo http://www.newenglandmusicsupply.co...ick-trigger-with-inverted-beater/prod_54.html or a Roland KD-7 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/125960-REG/Roland_KD_7_KD_7_Kick_Drum.html and simply plug in the kick trigger into the snare input on the TD-6 module.​
Using a KD-7 would give you the added flexability to "daisy chain" a drum pad, thru the KD-7, so, you could hit a snare pad (with your good hand) and also trigger the snare with your kick pedal/KD-7 combo.​

So taking this idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wApYgpp7Eo0&feature=fvw and trying to adapt it to my situation. I took a 1/2" pvc coupling and taped it underneath the footboard near the front of the pedal so the pedal would contact it. Temporarily taped the trigger to the side of the coupling. Finally getting sound but not consistantly need to tweak this some. Any thoughts?

Looks like a faulty cable was causing the incosistent sound with the trigger mounted to the fp8. Am having some issues with it going off multiple time occassionaly so something to work on

So I've switched out the pvc for a piece of 1"' copper and mounted the trigger to the body of the copper instead of the end. Getting more volume sensitivity and not having the multiple trigger problem like I was, every now and then get a flam sound but I can work with that if it happens which it's not happening often

Back