Ayotte Drums

T

Tommycanuhearme

Hello all, I found this Ayotte drumSmith kit in mint condition for $500, the kit is in mint condition. The finish is beautiful and is made as well as any high end kit I've seen. The shells are thin sugar maple with reinforcement hoops, very warm sound, much like vintage kits, only they project more. The sizes are 10x12 tom, 15x16 floor tom, 16x22 kick, 6x14 snare. Cymbals are are Dream Bliss, 20" crash ride, 22" crash ride, 19" crash ride. 14 hi-hats, thanks.
dcam0059y.jpg

dcam0060o.jpg

Nice looking kit ayotte make real nice kits, and for 500 bucks you practically stole that, congrats and enjoy.

My former drum teacher has 3 custom Ayotte kits. Even in his basement, with sometimes heavily muffled heads (i.e. Pinstripes and Powerstroke 4s) and in some cases even tape on the resonant heads in order to tame the sound so it didn't bother everyone in his house, the drums still sounded amazing and it's very apparent that they're extremely well made and the shells still resonated for days. Beautiful drums.

The original owner had been trying to sell this kit on craiglist for a few months. He had started with $1,000, he had come down to $600 and I was originally going to buy them a few weeks ago. I called him to make arrangements to meet up and he did not answer, I called several times and no answer, so I figured he got a better offer.
The following day I went off to Houston and bought a vintage Ludwig kit for $350 plus trade in of a Ludwig supraphonic snare. When I returned home he had emailed saying his phone was accidently disconnected and that's why he did not answer. Well, I'd already spent the money, so I told him I'd have to pass. I kept seeing the kit on craiglist so I asked if he would take $500, he agreed, so off I went to a local pawn shop, sold the Ludwig kit for $500 and bought the Ayotte. This is one special set of drums.

Back