Which metronome?

jimmyC

I am getting back into drumming after many years off and would like to start over again with my fresh perspective. I would like to spend time practicing with a metronome and don't have one. What do you use and what do you recommend?. Links to threads or comments please. Thanks in advance.

I am getting back into drumming after many years off and would like to start over again with my fresh perspective. I would like to spend time practicing with a metronome and don't have one. What do you use and what do you recommend?. Links to threads or comments please. Thanks in advance.

I do use the TAMA RhythmWatch RW105, it's an excellent metronome.

hi there i need a little help fellows i have a metronome but it is mono...i heard only from one hear and that is a problem.. for me cause even if i buy the isolation headphones wont let me hear much at all does it? what can i do i need some advice... or im screwed? :S

Do you have a keyboard? If so, check to see if it has a metronome function.

I sometimes set my laptop behind the kit and use this:

http://www.metronomeonline.com/

Both of these options allow you to use a set of noise-canceling headphones so you can hear the click while sparing your ears.

I find it highly beneficial to practice with a metronome. It builds something into your internal sense of timing that seems to remain even when you're not using a click.

Question for both planet waves and rhythm watch:

Does the headphone output split to both ears or is it mono?

I had a cheap metronome and it was one ear only. I hate that.

Question for both planet waves and rhythm watch:

Does the headphone output split to both ears or is it mono?

I had a cheap metronome and it was one ear only. I hate that.

I've been using a Rhythm Watch for about a year. The signal splits into both ears. It would be really annoying if it didn't.

I like the Rhythm Watch and I recommend it highly. But any name-brand 'nome should work well.

I've been using a Rhythm Watch for about a year. The signal splits into both ears. It would be really annoying if it didn't.

I like the Rhythm Watch and I recommend it highly. But any name-brand 'nome should work well.

Great!
I am adding a rhythm watch to my massmusic V-rack order! (this is for my kit in January.)

is there one that you can just attach to a practice pad & sort of analyzes your beat?

Not that you can attach to one, as far as I know, but the Roland RMP-3 and Roland RMP-5 are practice pads with built-in metronome and timing analysis. Excellent little tools. The RMP-5 even has an external stereo trigger input, so you can add up to two more triggers to it (for example a bass drum pad with a double pedal and a cymbal pad to get some grooves going)

Personally I use a Boss DB-60. Great little metronome.

Do you have a keyboard? If so, check to see if it has a metronome function.

I sometimes set my laptop behind the kit and use this:

http://www.metronomeonline.com/

Both of these options allow you to use a set of noise-canceling headphones so you can hear the click while sparing your ears.

I find it highly beneficial to practice with a metronome. It builds something into your internal sense of timing that seems to remain even when you're not using a click.

no keyboards... just a useless metronome.. that i bought... :S damn i was screwed...

Great!
I am adding a rhythm watch to my massmusic V-rack order! (this is for my kit in January.)

You will not be disappointed with the Rhythm Watch.

A feature I like about the Rhythm Watch is that it has a tap button, You tap a tempo on it and in a few seconds it tells you the tempo. Excellent for settling arguments between band mates. I suppose other 'nomes have this feature also.

What kind of kit are you getting in January?

What kind of kit are you getting in January?

I got "artist pricing" on the following:

Trick aluminum:
5x14 snare
7x8, 8x10,10x12 rack
14x12 16x14 floor
18x22 kick
Trick bigfoot pro-1v pedals
All Zildjian A custom or K custom cymbals (A sponsored friend has two full sets including effects cymbals to sell me)

Gibraltar V-rack station
Peace aluminum octabans (set of 2)

Back