JD's Pearl!

JDavis64

I bought this Pearl Vision to replace my First Act, which I've used for the last 5 years. I've been bashed by some people who say "Oh you wasted money, you should of gotten somehing more gig/tour worthy...blah, blah, and etc." and they kept telling me what I should of gotten, and I tell them "It's not so much the equipment, it's the drummer. I got a good deal, for some good drums, and I got some good cymbals, don't tell me what I should of and should not of gotten."

Specifications;
Pearl Vision VX927 7-piece Metallic Orange
Shells - Birch, 6-ply for rack toms, 8-ply for floor toms and bass drum.

Drums;
14" Sensitone snare
10" rack tom
12" rack tom
13" rack tom
14" floor tom
16" floor tom

Cymbals;
10" Zildjian A Custom Splash
13" Zildjian A Custom Mastersound Hi-Hats
15" Zildjian A Custom Fast Crash
16" Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash
18" Zildjian A Custom Crash
21" Sabian AA Raw Bell Dry Ride

Accessories;
Pearl Protone drum heads
Pearl 900 Series hardware
Sound Percussion Boom Cymbal Stands
Vater Stick Holder
Pork Pie Bicycle Throne
Aquarian Studio Rings
Rythm Tech Studio Cowbell
Vic Firth Hickory American Classic Extreme 5A's

Attachments

• Drummerworld Pic 1.jpg
    Drummerworld Pic 1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 753
  • Drummerworld Pic 4.jpg
    Drummerworld Pic 4.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 745
  • Drummerworld Pic 2.jpg
    Drummerworld Pic 2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 736
  • Drummerworld Pic 3.jpg
    Drummerworld Pic 3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 743
  • Drummerworld Pic 5.jpg
    Drummerworld Pic 5.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:
Beautifull kit! I am envious. Anyone that tells you otherwise has a people problem. I play a very early session series kit and I know the quality built in to these drums. Relax, play the drums and enjoy your new kit. I would be proud to own those drums. People can be, and will be childish so get used to it. No matter what you chose, someone will find fault with it.

Thats a lovely kit and setup. Play with what YOU are comfortable with not what others THINK you should play. Enjoy!

=O i want that throne!

Beautifull kit! I am envious. Anyone that tells you otherwise has a people problem. I play a very early session series kit and I know the quality built in to these drums. Relax, play the drums and enjoy your new kit. I would be proud to own those drums. People can be, and will be childish so get used to it. No matter what you chose, someone will find fault with it.

Yeah, I know right? I know the Vision is more of a mid-level kit, but I didn't want to invest a lot of money into the Master's or some other really high end series. I paid a reasonable price for these drums, and I find it worth every penny. The stock heads sound really good, and the kit will sound better when I get some new heads on it after these wear down, plus I have good cymbals. I find nothing wrong with anyone's choice in purchasing anything. If they can make it work good for them, then that's their choice, and their preference.

Thanks :) The metallic orange is really pretty, especially with the Zildjians when it gets under some lights.

that is a beautiful kit dude, I myself am still using my starter kit, which is a piece of crap, i bought it 5 years ago for and i kid you not $40.00. i have a snare, bass, 2 rack toms, no floor tom, 3 cymbals, 1 cymbal stand, hi hats w/ stand that works fairly decent, and i have one of my rack toms sitting in my clothes basket lol. my neighbor next door to me also plays drums and hes trying to sell me his pearl kit. it is gorgeous, 6 piece, zildijian cymbals, 12 or 13 in all i think, a double bass pedal, not too sure of the brand though. hes asking for $1,300 from me for it. if i can come up with the money im definitely getting it. but yours is very similar to his. minus the second floor tom, that its got a silver metallic paint job, and add about 7 more cymbals to it.

Last edited:
In case you were wondering, the only reason my ride is a Sabian AA while my other cymbals are Zildjian A Customs is because I bought it on eBay for $120. That cymbal normally costs about $290, but I got such a deal on it. I'll hopefully have some videos posted of my band or me covering some songs.

yr was going to ask is it a raw bell dry ride or just a dry ride ???

yay!

thought so ive gt one 2 :) but without tht damn hole :p

The guy that I bought it from, repairs damaged cymbals and sells them on eBay, he's done over 900 cymbals. It sounds great, and the hole is convenient for carrying, lol.

how does he repair damaged cymbals if you know???

did it effect the sound quality at all???

Back