Trick Bigfoot swapping out a beater

yabasta!

yo!

has anyone swapped out the beater on the trick pedals?

My round felt beater does not fit. the extension part, the metal stick thing is too big for the insert on the trick pedal.

For now I am stuck with the beater they built the pedal with. I want something a bit bulkier since i Have a big kick.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. . .

I've swapped the Trick beater - cool though it is - on each of my pedals without a problem. I know that the Slug, Puresound, Pearl, Danmar, Tama and Ludwig/Gibraltar beaters fit perfectly and feel better to my foot.

Their new Dominator pedal comes with a very different beater that feels great - I may get them for the Pro1v's as well.

trickbtr.jpg

The ball adjusts up and down like their original beater, and has a more pleasing weight for more oomph.

Bermuda

I've swapped the Trick beater - cool though it is - on each of my pedals without a problem. I know that the Slug, Puresound, Pearl, Danmar, Tama and Ludwig/Gibraltar beaters fit perfectly and feel better to my foot.

Their new Dominator pedal comes with a very different beater that feels great - I may get them for the Pro1v's as well.

Thanks!

Hmmmm, for some reason mine doesn't fit. thats strange.

I wanted the bigger beater to give me a better feel.

If it is not too too much can you explain how that dominator beater feels/sounds in comparison to the one that comes on the Pro IV?

thanks so much.

The Dominator beater has more mass & weight, so it feels more traditional and delivers a nice oomph. The Pro1v beaters are a little light for me, and using a shaft weight doesn't accomplish the same thing as having a bigger ball on top. I just wasn't getting enough oomph from the kick and I didn't feel like I was connecting with the kick.

So basically, it feels like a standard beater, but will never wear down and devlope a flat spot like virtually every other felt or hard plastic beater out there.

Bermuda

Man, this must be a universal truth, the dominator beaters are TOO light. I swapped mine out for beaters off of my old DW 7000 which have substantially more mass. Took a few days to readjust, but now i get the power stroke instead of a feathery strike. I also use the hard plastic side, not the felt, to get more slap.

Man, this must be a universal truth, the dominator beaters are TOO light.

You mean the Pro1v beaters... the Dominator beaters are aluminum and weight 95g, the DW beater weighs 96g (and has more head contact than the Dominator beater.)

The Pro1v beater weighs 64g.

Bermuda

Man, this must be a universal truth, the dominator beaters are TOO light

Agreed!

I couldn't tell if the spring was not strong enough or if the beater was light as a feather.

I ordered a Danmar Wood beater. should fit!

The one that that i have that doesn't fit is the sound percussion one. Its kinda strange that it don't fit.

I get the speed part of the trick, but the weight for me is an issue, more mass please!

This is the standard beater everyone is familiar with. It's too light for me as well.
beaters0817.jpg

Again the dominator beaters are higher mass than these.

You mean the Pro1v beaters... the Dominator beaters are aluminum and weight 95g, the DW beater weighs 96g (and has more head contact than the Dominator beater.)

The Pro1v beater weighs 64g.

Bermuda

Yeah, my bad, the DETONATOR beaters, not the dominators, like trkdrmr's got

Yeah, my bad, the DETONATOR beaters, not the dominators, like trkdrmr's got

The best thing I did for my bigfoot pedals was get the dominator beaters. And don't worry, I am getting a ps/3 and falam slam patches.

Attachments

• trick beaters 22 feb.jpg
    trick beaters 22 feb.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 3,571
ahhh man!

i got my danmar beater and that thing R U L E S on the Trick!

I thought my days were over with that stock beater.

hello boom!

ahhh man!

i got my danmar beater and that thing R U L E S on the Trick!

I thought my days were over with that stock beater.

hello boom!

Not in speed it doesn't. A speed metal player would not like the danmar at all, it's too heavy. But then again, you are referring to these:
beaters0817.jpg

and obviously not the dominators. The dominators have just about as much mass, with greater rigidity than the Danmars.

definitely not a metal player.

i do play some fast riffs on occassion. at least i feel something there now.

i needed something that was gonna move my 26.

definitely not a metal player.

i do play some fast riffs on occassion. at least i feel something there now.

i needed something that was gonna move my 26.

Incidentally, I have tried the stock lightweight bigfoot beaters on a 26x16. I don't recommend it. All it does is slap it, and bounce off. But then again, I don't recommend a 26x16" for speed metal.

Definitely, the Danmar is the right tool for the right job in this case.

The best thing I did for my bigfoot pedals was get the dominator beaters. And don't worry, I am getting a ps/3 and falam slam patches.

Can you share your experience with your new Dominator beaters vs the old Detonator beaters that come with the Trick Pro's?

Can you share your experience with your new Dominator beaters vs the old Detonator beaters that come with the Trick Pro's?

As I said earlier in the thread - "Dominator beaters are aluminum and weight 95g... The Pro1v beater weighs 64g." That difference in weight affects both the feel of the pedal, and the sound. I prefer the Dominator beater, which is almost identical in weight and feel to the DW/Gibraltar style plastic/felt beaters that have become fairly standard with most pedals. the Pro 1v beater plays a little faster, but just doesn't have the same oomph and the other beaters, even when using the supplied weight.

Bermuda

Back