PDP Drum Rack Too High

Zanook

I have a PDP drum rack which has served me well, but I do have one complaint. I generally like my cymbals fairly low. The highest I like my cymbals is at my forehead level. It allows me to go from my toms to my cymbals with ease without having to stretch out.

The problem with the PDP drum rack (if you Google it) is that the two cymbal racks at the end are too high. The lowest it can go is above my head. I'm not the tallest guy in the world (5'9"), but there are plenty of drummers that are shorter than me. Am I just being stupid, and don't know about a way to lower the cymbal rack? I've loosened all the clamps I could and lowered it as much as possible, but it's still way too high for my liking. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 443
Cut that sucka! If it is a round tube rack then use a pipe cutter for a nice concentric cut.

Ive got the same rack, hang the cymbal from the arm instead of it being on top of the arm
Do you transport your rack in a case ? if so which?

Ive got the same rack, hang the cymbal from the arm instead of it being on top of the arm
Do you transport your rack in a case ? if so which?

What do you mean by hang it from the arm instead of it being on top?

I don't transport it using any case. I usually just disassemble it, throw it in my car, and individually haul each piece to whatever venue we're at. Sometimes, I wish I was a better guitarist...

The cymbal arms that came with my PDP rack have a hinged end that the cymbal mounts to.
Normally they are hinged upward and the cymbal sits on top. take the felts off and turn it so the mounting arm is pointing down, slide the felt,mounty disky thing and your wing not on from below.

I have a PDP drum rack which has served me well, but I do have one complaint. I generally like my cymbals fairly low. The highest I like my cymbals is at my forehead level. It allows me to go from my toms to my cymbals with ease without having to stretch out.

The problem with the PDP drum rack (if you Google it) is that the two cymbal racks at the end are too high. The lowest it can go is above my head. I'm not the tallest guy in the world (5'9"), but there are plenty of drummers that are shorter than me. Am I just being stupid, and don't know about a way to lower the cymbal rack? I've loosened all the clamps I could and lowered it as much as possible, but it's still way too high for my liking. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

If you decide to cut it, cut from the bottom.

Back