My Sq2 Drumkit

Love the Brand, Love the sound, Love the set up. But the finish looks like Art-Deco-Camoflauge. I guess it will grow on us, but it is yours, so enjoy. and congrats on the new Sonor

Wow dude. Thats awesome! Did you make it on the website with the drum configurator?

Nice set up. Like some of the guys said I can see some Gavin Harrison...

...but I think your sizes are closer to Steve Smith. Plus its beech like Steve too.

I play an S Classix and I hope to get an SQ2 soon. From all that I've heard and seen I'm actually beginning to think that an SQ2 in beech is the best kit money can buy. Just listen to Steve Smith or Benny Greb's kit. There are no other kits I've heard that comes close. Have you heard Benny's new signature snare? Check it out on youtube. Sounds like THE snare.

How are you finding the Giant Step? I'm playing a single at the moment and I'm loving it...I'm gonna get a double in the new year.

Well done on the kit! Be sure to post any videos or recordings that you do. I wanna hear that kit in action.

SonorPlayer

I play an S Classix and I hope to get an SQ2 soon. From all that I've heard and seen I'm actually beginning to think that an SQ2 in beech is the best kit money can buy. Just listen to Steve Smith or Benny Greb's kit. There are no other kits I've heard that comes close. Have you heard Benny's new signature snare? Check it out on youtube. Sounds like THE snare.

Yes i've heard that snare. I actually played it before it was for sale :) Great snare.

But: A sq2 is actually not another kit like an delite or an s-classix. If you configurate your sq2 like a delite or s-classix you have the same kit, just more expensive.

How are you finding the Giant Step? I'm playing a single at the moment and I'm loving it...I'm gonna get a double in the new year.
I really like the Giant Step pedals. They feel very smooth and even I'm not a real doublebass player i can play great stuff on it. :)
I always want to check out an Axis-pedal but i can't find it anywhere..

Well done on the kit! Be sure to post any videos or recordings that you do. I wanna hear that kit in action.
I will :)

Thanks!
David

Wow, stellar sounding kit. No muffling right? Damn nice tuning. I'd go a little higher personally but man you have a good sound, and I like your playing too! Hey I'm German too!

Believe me, where I am, it's more like every 100th person has a Sonor Kit. You just don't see them in the big box stores.

Damn you're a good player! I'm listening as I'm typing this! Just gorgeous sound, best I've heard in a very long time. I really have to try the Sonors, something about the way Germans build things...Oh and another vote for the Olympus LS10. That thing rocks, and it can take a drop.

Thanks larryace!!

No there's no muffling on the toms, it's just the "first-time-tuning". It changed a bit and now the sq2 sounds still a way better =)

You're german too? Where are you from?

Thanks for the compliment! Did you listen to the soundcheck?
The sound is pretty good i think but i'm not sure if it's possible that this was the best sound you heard in a very long time :-O
If so, i'm pretty amazed =)

all the best guys!

Well German heritage I should say, I'm a disgusting American actually. Yes I listened to the soundcheck. You tune drums real good. I'd like to hear more clips if you tweaked them. I like drums with a lot of attack. They sound like unmuffled single ply heads to me, are they? I'd like to hear them tighter though, just to see what happens to the tone.

That kit is just insane. The finish is so different, but definetley not in a bad way. All that gear must have cost a pretty penny but just by lookin at ur kit, I can tell its worth it

Hi artstar:
Thanks for your reply.

They only offer the tribal finish in red/black.. I wanted my sq in black/white but they won't make it for me...

I don't get what you mean about the hoops.

Thanks
DAvid

They used to do Tribal in White/Black. About your kick hoops, I was referring to the tips/edges. They are "natural" or un-finished. They should of done them in black or green to compliment your finish.

This was the White/Black Tribal :
2464867548_3648d3fca3.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting finish. The recording is good quality too. How much does that recorder cost?

I like your drumkit!

Are you on the sonormuseum.com forum? If not, you should join and
post your kit pictures there. Everyone would love it, I´m sure.

Here's the soundcheck file..

click here

Recorded with an Olympus Ls10 Recorder:
products_olympus_LS-10.jpg

So the sound is not the best but.. well... i think the sound is ok to get the volume and power of the drumkit! enjoy!
(please don't judge the buggy playing...)

Dude, awesome tuning on those puppies! Awesome finish too.

Congrats on the kit, :)

Hi David.
Fantastic kit. I love your wood choice. Sonor beech drums are unparalleled. (I played a beech Sonorphonic today and it sounded amazing!). But I have to ask, why have you purchased such low end snare drums???? Your kick and snare are the main drums. Why do you have such gorgeous toms and such low end snare drums?

I love that finish. My 27 ply Artist beech has become known as "that blue snare".

Back