Musicians Friend/Amazon Drum Heads

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I always try my local shop for stix and heads before ordering online but when I want a complete overhaul I go online because the small shop doesn't usually have them all. I priced Evans G2 Coated in 8, 10,12, 14 and 16 inch and they were 70.00+ at MF. Buying the same heads at Amazon, with a 10, 12, 14 pack then the single 8, and 16 the price was 48.00+ Thats 22.00 cheaper. Just thought I would post this for those without a nearby shop. Check Amazon. They have Aquarian, Attack, DW, Evans, Remo.

Drumfactorydirect has some quite good prices as well.

Amazon doesn't have every head in every size, though... Their selection is still more along the lines of what they sell the most of. I do spend a lot of money with Amazon thanks to my prime subscription.

I too find Amazon less expensive. Their selection isn't as high as MF, but definitely cheaper.

The last two heads I bought came from Amazon.com. I buy lots of other stuff there, so why not? Peace and goodwill.

Got the heads today UPS from Amazon and all of them are the new 360 series or concept.

I always try my local shop for stix and heads before ordering online but when I want a complete overhaul I go online because the small shop doesn't usually have them all. I priced Evans G2 Coated in 8, 10,12, 14 and 16 inch and they were 70.00+ at MF. Buying the same heads at Amazon, with a 10, 12, 14 pack then the single 8, and 16 the price was 48.00+ Thats 22.00 cheaper. Just thought I would post this for those without a nearby shop. Check Amazon. They have Aquarian, Attack, DW, Evans, Remo.

Sorry, not meaning to barge in here. I just wanted to call out that MF beats competitor pricing, including Amazon. If you find it for less on Amazon, call or email us and we'll beat it for you.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/shopping-guarantee

I have bought a ton of merchandise from both sites and figured the difference was too much for MF to handle. Sorry. Now that this is out why not just match their price from the get go and I won't have to search or call. Thanks for chiming in. And while you're here how about adding Zildjian Ringo drum sticks to your lot or do you have to get rid of the Ringo Pro Mark series first?

I got some extra money today from some professional development workshops I went to, so I made an Amazon.com order for a DVD player, CD's, DVD's, and books. So I added an Evans Genera snare batter head. It was convenient to do so since I was already ordering the other stuff. The price was good too. Peace and goodwill.

I have bought a ton of merchandise from both sites and figured the difference was too much for MF to handle. Sorry. Now that this is out why not just match their price from the get go and I won't have to search or call. Thanks for chiming in. And while you're here how about adding Zildjian Ringo drum sticks to your lot or do you have to get rid of the Ringo Pro Mark series first?

No need to say sorry, I just wanted to call it out in case the others here weren't aware. For some, it may not be worth the time to price shop then come to us to beat it. We would love to update all our prices as competitors do, but with how many different products we carry, sometimes dealers will have it for less. We do periodically price shop competitors though to make sure we're still competitively priced.

We do have a sku built for the Zildjian Ringo Starr Artist Series Drumsticks, it's just a matter of time before they're available to order online. The item number will be H95707 once it's available for purchase. Not sure on the date for that, although I can check. Just shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll follow up with the Merch team.

The only time I ever used Amazon for drum heads was when I needed Evans Blue Hydraulic and nobody else had them. Otherwise, I use local music stores.

i bought some evans g1 heads yesterday on ebay, from a music store, $13.49 (16") and $11.49 (12") plus free shipping! much cheaper than musiciansfriend and any other place i could find them.

i've had a catalina club mod for about six or seven years now (only recently really started playing again) and never changed out the reso heads for some reason. hoping it'll help them out some.

Back