What piece of kit do you most dream of owning?

Z

zildjank09

If someone said to you could have any kit or item to go along with your kit, what would be your ultimate item you dream of owning..

ehm intresting.

I would have a full set of Zildjian KK cymbals, i have some already and they are so lovely, they have a lovely tone about them.

Since we're dreaming here, can I have a whole drumset? All carved from an old growth North American birdseye maple log that is 300 years old, milled in the style of Canopus' Zelkova snare, (slightly barrel shaped for strength) only with nothing drilled into the shell except 3 grommet-less vent holes, gorgeous oiled hand rubbed woodgrain, each head independently tensioned off the shell without lugs, and a mechanism for popping off both batter and reso hoops at the same time, with just 1 lever so you could change shells if you wanted to on the fly...When you use the lever to snap the 2 halves back together after swapping the shells, the tuning remains unchanged, but of course you still have tension rods to tune it like a standard drum.

Buying drums = buying shells and reusing hardware.
Suspension mounting is inherent, I would spec in die cast counter hoops, color logo engraved in the hoops, (no badge on drums, no lugs, no metal at all)
Of course a whole warehouse full of the worlds finest cymbals all held on the sturdiest and lightest cymbal stands with ratchetless universal tilters.

But more importantly,

To be able to really move people when I'm playing them.

OK I'm awake now.

Drums with my choice of finish, wood selection and plies, sizes, hardware, and a whole ton of Paiste high-end cymbals.

Oh, wait, that kit sounds like a Pearl Masterworks set. My bad.

Kit - a vintage Rogers. Single item to go with my current kit - a Zildjain K Dark Medium Ride.

Like Polly, I also have Agop fever.
I was drooling over a pair of Istanbul Mehmet Constantinople JazzHats
on eBay all day.
I just don't have $350 US to spend on them right now.
I had to pull my hand away from the dangerous "Buy It Now" button several times today.

Seam-less-solid-shell drumkit with free floating lugs...to my specifications...

...and they look good with a finish that shows off the grain of the shell really well...

Like a cross between Spirit Drums and Sleishman...

...imagine how big that would sound!

Paiste 2002 Bonham Cymbal Pack.

$1400. Yeah, I'm dreaming.

Honestly, I have a bottom of the line PDP and I couldn't be happier with it. I did my research on heads and tuning.

Yamaha Absolute or Recording Maple drum kit with a Canopus Zelkova Snare:

The Zelkova Snare Drum, which ahs a hollowed one piece drum shell, can be described as the purest form of the drum. Only one hollowed piece can be taken from a stump of precious 200 year old Zelkova wood, also called Akagi or "red wood". The sound that is produced from a single piece of wood has a unique and powerful attack. Each stroke produces a "block of sound" with a sharp edge and a thick low pitch, while maintaining the warmth of natural wood. The special nature of Zelkova is highly revered and sought after by top drummers around the world.

BUT I will also settle for a Canopus Maple Snare ... :)

A Ludwig Black Beauty with super-sensitive snare strainer. Second on my list would be the Roland TD-20

Neil Pearts new kit complete with everything1

Attachments

• NEILPEART8.jpg
    NEILPEART8.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 591
I think I'm becoming a committed Sonor man. I just got the Force 3007 kit and use it as a 4-piece: 17x20, 8x10, 14x14FT, and matching 5x14 snare and I'm super impressed. It sounds great!

I think I'll begin saving my pennies for the same thing in a Sonor Delite with actual Sonor hardware to complete the transformation!

Back