Vintage cars

Harry the 67 GTO rocks. I had a 66 Chevelle....I pity any teenager who doesn't have an old Chevy to hop up.

Love the GTO's with the stacked headlights. I know where there's on thats been sitting in a building for the last 20 years, AN Orange Convertible. Thought it was a 66. WIsh the guy would of parted with it 15 years ago before owning american muscle became so cool.

We were lucky growing up, I had a 74 Z-28, older brother a 70 Chevelle and my little brother scored with a 57 Bel Air. We were lucky to have a dad with a shop, handy to do anything needed to make the cars run and look nice.

I traded my Z for a 1977 F-150 shortbox 4X4 I wish I would of kept the Ford it was the best rig I've ever owned.

I heard the 442 was 400, 4 barrel, 2 wheel drive.

Actually ... 442 .... it depended on the year. My car was a 3 speed auto, so it was "defined" as 400 c.i., 4 barrel, dual exhaust.

Sacrilege! Four barrel carb, four speed tranny, dual exhaust. Come on, man! ;)

Just going by what my brother in-law told me. He had a new 67" 442 as a teenager. When my sister met him he had a restored 69" 442. Sorry for the mis-information, I will recind my car guy status...

I took the time to look it up this morning, your brother is correct.

Last edited:
TFIT, who is SM?

as in what would SM do?

Shelly Manne?
Steve Marriot?

Indeed, both are correct. In '64, the car came with a 330 CID. So the nomenclature was for four barrel, 4-speed, and dual exhaust.​
In '65, the car got the 400 CID, and options (like the notorious Hurst shifter/3 speed manual) or a 2 speed automatic made the 442 to mean 400 cu. inch, 4 barrel, dual exhaust.​
The '66 you could even get with the six-pack (3 two barrel carbs), so the 442 really just became the name of the car, at that point.​

Steve McQueen. Very revealing. You're exposed!
Fav SM flick?

Steve McQueen. Very revealing. You're exposed!
Fav SM flick?

Tough call for me. I liked Le Mans but certainly not for the story line (there was none).
Tie between Great escape, Mag. seven and Bullitt. Then maybe Thomas Crown affair.

Are you a fan Larry?

Last edited:
I had a 'vette when I was a teenager.

...a Chevette.
that's too funny as a joke in between sets we used to auction off a 79 chevette turbo diesel w/ a trailer hitch LOL never had any takers.

my fav's are:

65 chevelle 396 of course
67 nova 327
63 corvette split-window
67 corvette 427
69 chevelle 396 (mom owned one very sweet)
70 Nova 402(pops owned one even sweeter)

if you can't tell i'm a Chevy guy, right now I have a 03 Monte Carlo I can put my drumset with gear along with my wife & go too any gig I want & at 29 mpg that's pretty cool too.

with the new camaro,challenger & mustang I like the retro look but in another sence i wished they would've kept developing new designs, that's one thing that is cool about the corvette not too say I wouldn't. take an 2010 Camaro SS they're about the best performance per dollar out there IMHO.

Bonzolead

wow , i popped of a little too quick !
eddie and kis , i do appoligize , truely . when i made that statement i was thinking about the spitfire i had totally rebuilt including the frame , all the work i put in to that car ( i even won trophies with it at an all british car show ) and it was still the worst car i owned . hell my parents even owned a few MG's , but there was always that one word that scared us LUCAS ...
and you guys pulled up a couple i forgot about , but forgot triumphs , healy , and i believe maclaren was/is british , but i did give props to cosworth . so i recind my earlier statement !
larry them pics are a comin , just have to sit and scan .......

Back