What's the story behind your user name?

well mine is pretty straight forward aswell. drummerboy is the nickname i got when my uncle (he plays bass) took me to clubs where the musicians who didnt kno my name just called me drummerboy or drummerkid (i liked drummerboy more).the 'boy' is because at that time i was what 10 or 11, so compared to the other guys who played there i was pretty young i guess lol. finally the '95' is because im born in the year 1995, so im 14.
cheers

I am and always have been a computer nerd... I have always used a computer so waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back when i was kid... long before the internet became anything like it is today... we used to have BBSes...(bulletin board systems) that were locally run by other computer nerds with a pc in their house that people would connect to via a dial-up modem... and post on forums and play online games and share files (most of the same stuff we do now on the internet but on a much smaller scale)
anyway... back then in the year 1992-93(?)... i came up with this name and I have used it ever since.
I'm new here btw... but i think i might actually stick around (no pun intended) because I like the topic..

i stole mine from one of the members of the band Exodus.He used it in one of those cheesy 80's metal video compilations.It's actually Count Havoc from the planet Ravage.

My user name is Curly or Secret Agent Man'

I got the name Curly in the Navy in Boot camp. My hair was Black shiny and curly.

I got the name "Secret Agent Man" from singing that song at a lot of Karaoke Bars.

It's been my drumming mantra ever since I was tutored in classical percussion (timpani, tubular bells) from the age of 10. My tutor (a beautiful woman in her 70's, 1st percussionist, Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra) gave me this one piece of advise when she gave me my last lesson & brought a kit along for the very first time. I was 15. She blew me away with her power & presence on the kit. A frail elderly woman playing Bonham riffs with such power & authority. Her last statement to me was "and remember, always keep it simple".

I've played by that mantra ever since as I believe the simple approach is almost always best for the song.

Got that name from a bass player named Micki Steele back in the 80s. Cuz my name is Chris, I assume. And referring to the old breakfast cereal...
(link for you young kids) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmIKrU2jQU

I changed the spelling and added the initial to make it the super special and awesome user name that is has since become. ;)

I am an legally ordained minister off of the internet cause I had to prove it could be done. So I use the title Rev (obviously short for Reverend) and my last name is Wrona.

I am an legally ordained minister off of the internet cause I had to prove it could be done. So I use the title Rev (obviously short for Reverend) and my last name is Wrona.

I am curious, does anyone see my profile pic with my post or is it designed that the poster doesn't see there own profile pic?

I am curious, does anyone see my profile pic with my post or is it designed that the poster doesn't see there own profile pic?

You should be able to see your own pic (called an "avatar"). I don't see it either, so maybe you didn't set it up correctly?

You should be able to see your own pic (called an "avatar"). I don't see it either, so maybe you didn't set it up correctly?

I have been looking around and trying to figure out how to do. I was hoping I could use a pic I all ready downloaded but it looks like I need to download a pic specifically for my avatar. I will try and we shall see if it works.

First, make an avatar: Take any picture, crop and size it to 100 x 100 pixels maximum. Save it as a jpeg or png file onto your desktop.

Now go the the User CP (control panel). The link is near the top left of this page, under the thread name. Then click Edit Profile Picture. Now you can use the Choose File button to locate the pic on your desktop to upload. That's it!

SUFC. LOYAL

Southend United Football Club. (Loyal). As a surpporter that is what i am, no matter what league, high or low we play in.

A bass player and long time friend always called me Big Steve so I kept it as a nick name. My other nick name some friends gave me was Baby Huey.....didn't like that one so much!

Back