What is an EMAD?

VladTheLad

Forgive me if someone's asked this before, but what exactly is an EMAD?

And Evans manufactures both the EMAD and the EMAD 2. One is a single ply the other a 2 ply. In fact I just picked up a 20" EMAD batter head this past Saturday. I don't usually use them but they were on sale, lol.

Dennis

right, i understand it now, thanks guys.. but I'm still confused about the little note in the box -
" ATTENTION !
TO ENSURE PROPER
EMAD FUNCTION,
press firmly around perimeter
of black plastic sleeve after
mounting and tuning."

...its an Evans EQ4 Batter head, and its clear. theres no black plastic involved at all :S any ideas?

It's a person who is unhappy with electronics.

Example: The computer would not connect to the printer and so the user was eMad.

right, i understand it now, thanks guys.. but I'm still confused about the little note in the box -
" ATTENTION !
TO ENSURE PROPER
EMAD FUNCTION,
press firmly around perimeter
of black plastic sleeve after
mounting and tuning."

...its an Evans EQ4 Batter head, and its clear. there's no black plastic involved at all :S any ideas?

If it says EQ4 on the head, you got an EQ4 instead of the EMAD. The EMAD head has two different width thin foam rings that are placed within the black plastic sleeve (one used at a time) that the note in the box is referring to. Does the head's box say EMAD or Evans EQ4? It sounds as if the heads got switched around a bit. EQ4 batter heads sound great, but if it's not what you bought or wanted, take it or send it back.

Dennis

If it says EQ4 on the head, you got an EQ4 instead of the EMAD. The EMAD head has two different width thin foam rings that are placed within the black plastic sleeve (one used at a time) that the note in the box is referring to. Does the head's box say EMAD or Evans EQ4? It sounds as if the heads got switched around a bit. EQ4 batter heads sound great, but if it's not what you bought or wanted, take it or send it back.

Dennis

oh, okay then... yeah, it says EQ4 on the head, but the box is just a blank white box.
and i didn't buy it off of a store or anything, i bought a cheap kit off a local person on Facebook, and it came with it, along with some Ebony Pinstripes and a Power Center Reverse Dot snare head.

...i don't see why an EQ4 would come with an EMAD note though :S

I'll wager he kept the EMAD and threw your EQ4 in the EMAD box when he sold it to you.

i doubt it, he had no use for any of it. he didn't know what he was talking about or what any of it was worth because he was a guitarist and bought a kit for his old bands drummer (he could drum but didn't have a kit, and they were desperate). He just threw in absolutely everything he had (Kit, Mapex boom stand, Unbranded straight stand, Ebony Pinstripe tom skins, EQ4, Pearl Display Head, Pinstripe batter head, Ambassador tom skins, Diplomat tom skins, Power Center Reverse Dot snare skin and lots of other bits and pieces like felts, spares etc...) Which i don't think was a bad deal for £60 imo.

Last edited:
Which i don't think was a bad deal for £60 imo.

Not bad at all mate.

Perhaps his old drummer still has the EMAD then. Either way, it's apparent you have an EQ4 and not an EMAD. The little piece of paper and its reasons for being in your possesion are now irrelevant. Throw it away, think of it no more and enjoy your kit mate.

Not bad at all mate.

Perhaps his old drummer still has the EMAD then. Either way, it's apparent you have an EQ4 and not an EMAD. The little piece of paper and its reasons for being in your possesion are now irrelevant. Throw it away, think of it no more and enjoy your kit mate.

fair enough, i suppose he might have. hahaha, will do bud, thanks everyone for their replies and their help :)

Back