Yamaha FP9500D/C made in china,not japan!?

whoreian

yo guys i was reading older threads regarding the current line of yamaha pedals and i read that they are now made in china and not in the motorcycle factory in japan?? what!! i miss the ability to collapse the pedal....i have DFP9415s but i need a new single pedal and my local drum shop is selling FP9500C on sale.should i get it?

and for those that have used the yamaha 9500 series,how are they like?durable?

I haven't used them, but they look to be utterly bulletproof - as is the case with most Yamaha hardware.

I have a real love for Yamaha hardware, I think it's pretty much the best around.

Yes the new Yammie stuff is not made in the motorcyce factory anymore. The new pedals dont have the quick release clamp or the collapsing ability...seems like some people had issues with them over the years, and Yamaha went to back to the run of the mill stuff. I'm sure they're still great pedals tho.

I have a dfp9310, an fp9410 and 9415. Great pedals and I've never had issues with them. I've tried to replace them with an Iron Cobra, Speed Cobra, DW 5000... they dont feel as good to me. I will be trading my Speed Cobra for a DW9000 double next week, we'll see how it measures up

i went with the FP8500B (strap / belt drive) in April of 2009. this after trying the DW5000, DW7000, Pearl something, DW9000 and a few other Yamahas (older models). DW9000 is a real nice one but i felt like i needed a full time rock gig to make the cost worth it. it is a lot of mass to move & that was my gripe w/ most of them especially the DW7000. i wanted something light & fast good for jazz, big band, funk, etc. my other reference point was the Yamaha 7 series "professional model" from 1990. still have this (and a back-up) and it is FAST and light. but it is showing it's age & i was sick of finding parts for it.

the FP8500B is unbelievably awesome for my style & super fast. i am now in new speed territory w/ RFRF and LFLF as 32nds or sextuplets. just feel nice & light bounces off my 20" BD in a nice way. feel good to play off the head (mostly) or bury the beater. set at about med-high tension. seems good & durable, no bottom plate like my 1990 version. i am getting the HS1200 soon to match this. great pedals.

+ http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/hardware/footpedals/fp8500b/?mode=model

my local yamaha retailer is selling the yamahas at a really low price all of a sudden maybe yamaha is going to introduce another new line of hardware???? anyone thinks they're gonna upgrade their current hardware again?? it's been 2 years am i right?

yo guys i was reading older threads regarding the current line of yamaha pedals and i read that they are now made in china and not in the motorcycle factory in japan?? what!! i miss the ability to collapse the pedal....i have DFP9415s but i need a new single pedal and my local drum shop is selling FP9500C on sale.should i get it?

and for those that have used the yamaha 9500 series,how are they like?durable?

Yes 9500 series pedals are made in china now..btw the motorcycle factory isn't in Japan, it is in Indonesia..that's where the 9400 series pedal were made...I've owned both series and personally like the new 9500 series more...I like the new foot plate design more (heel plate sits a little higher) and I never really cared for the quick release clamp on the 9400 pedals...both are fine pedals though and as others have stated pretty much bulletproof...

i tried them today they seem alot easier to maintain!! and yea although it will have the stigma of being 'made in china' yamaha probably made sure it was still made well....it actually feels much smoother,the beater weight feels better. i loved the hoop clamp but that screw sticking out under the footboard was very annoying.9500 doesnt have that anymore.i shall get them soon since they're on sale

i use a 9410 double-chain drive pedal, which is an older model of the 9500 series. not too crazy about the footboard design on the 9500 vs. 9400 series pedals.

I really like this pedal as well, but I'm still deciding between 9500, 8500 and a DW5000 AD3 I think it was. I almost pulled the trigger the other day but got some pushy sales guys trying to sell me the DW9000. Totally ruined my buying experience so I decided not to buy from that particluar store. IMO the over $100 price difference wasn't justified, and I'm not worried about the cost either.

Anyway, I'm hoping to make a decision this week and so far I'm leaning towards theYammy's

The 93/94 series Flying Dragons had the best footboards/heel plates out there. Especially comfy for heel-toe stuff. I liked the quick release hoop clamp and the felt beaters, which I've used on all my pedals. I've owned DW 9000 and 8000, Iron and Speed Cobra. These pedals were/are just as good. I have 3 of them, I'm using an IC right now, but I will be keeping them.

They do offer an extended footboard model now, which is nice.

Back