When Something Goes Wrong...

LukeSnyder

Gold Member
I was in the middle of recording today, and my brother barged into the room, talking to me and rummaging around, trying to find something. He even bumped into me while trying to walk behind the throne! I managed to hit him behind my back a couple of times, and not totally ruin the session, haha. You can see the video of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btx2SDBkY3s

So this inspired me to start this thread, what humorous/horrible/strange things have happened to you while you were either playing out or recording, and how did you (hopefully ;D) escape gracefully from the situation?

Hahaha, nice one Luke, but you didn't hit him low enough! Kit's sounding cool, & I like your playing. Crisp, clean & purposeful.

Most of my funny bits have happened at gigs. Many years ago, we had a 300lb woman charge at the singer at full speed. She tripped over a monitor & stopped just short of my kit. Phew! Serious train crash potential right there. She did take out a set of floor lights though.

Oh, almost forgot, at a recent demo studio recording session, our singer decided to drop his jeans, put a sock on his vegetables, & stride into the control room. Luckily, I'd finished my tracking, but the keys guy just had to stop playing. At that moment, the photographer walked in, but thankfully left his wife in the reception area. The sound guy certainly thought it was a studio first! We do have photographic & video evidence of this, but I can't post it as the band wants to keep something back for future leverage, plus Polly would get far too excited for her own good.

Hahaha, nice one Luke, but you didn't hit him low enough! Kit's sounding cool, & I like your playing. Crisp, clean & purposeful.

Most of my funny bits have happened at gigs. Many years ago, we had a 300lb woman charge at the singer at full speed. She tripped over a monitor & stopped just short of my kit. Phew! Serious train crash potential right there. She did take out a set of floor lights though.

Oh, almost forgot, at a recent demo studio recording session, our singer decided to drop his jeans, put a sock on his vegetables, & stride into the control room. Luckily, I'd finished my tracking, but the keys guy just had to stop playing. At that moment, the photographer walked in, but thankfully left his wife in the reception area. The sound guy certainly thought it was a studio first! We do have photographic & video evidence of this, but I can't post it as the band wants to keep something back for future leverage, plus Polly would get far too excited for her own good.

There's a little bit of the Red Hot Chili Peppers in all of us, I guess!

Oh dear heavens, both of those stories had me cracking up! Especially the second one with your dig at Polly, LOL!

This all seems very logical. When things go wrong ... you hit your brother. That makes sense to me.

When Andy posts vids of his singer wearing nothing but a sock ... Polly gets excited ... well, maybe 10+ years ago when excitement was part of my repertoire :)

With me it never fails that as soon as I press the record button an airplane flies over my home!
There is a small airport about 5 miles away and planes fly over frequently.
The small jets aren't bad, They are actually quiet, but the propeller driven planes can rattle the snares.

This all seems very logical. When things go wrong ... you hit your brother. That makes sense to me.

I've hit my brother plenty of times without things going wrong.

I suppose that means I'm insured for future recording takes.

With me it never fails that as soon as I press the record button an airplane flies over my home!
There is a small airport about 5 miles away and planes fly over frequently.

I'm hearing you, Bob. But at my place it's jets ... this vid from someone in my suburb. I have to stop talking on the phone when it happens ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKXR1glY2S8

Yes Steel, he as asking for it. You got right back to the beat too so it was a neat bit of multitasking.

Andy, inspiring words lol

last gig we played, last friday actually. second last song, which was very upbeat and complex, this bloke decided to jump on stage and pick the singer/lead guitarist up mid song. somehow we all managed to play on unscathed but it does throw you off a little.

i farted during recording once and unfortunately it was picked up very slightly. hehehe

Once while recording my bass player was doing back-up vocals on a couple of songs. Well, not sure what the effect was, but the sound guy was messing with him while setting levels and was making his voice go way up and then way down. Anywho, upon doin his take, the sound guy dropped his pitch way down again to see what he would do (all in good fun) and without missing a beat he said "gimme the money or the b**ch gets it!" Sounded just like they do in the movies when asking for a ransom. None of us could stop laughing for a good 30mins.

Back