List of Custom Drum Stick Companies

Frank

Gold Member
Anyone know where I might find a list of many custom drum stick companies?
I'm not looking for the places that just engrave - I need a custom dimension stick built.

I have tried two companies that have never responded. I have to keep trying - I really need this custom dimension.

Any links greatly appreciated.

I don't know any companies but I am curious what kind of size/shape your stick would have to be then?

The bigger stick companies are probably not going to be of any help to you(due to production demands it would not be efficient to set their equipment up for small quantities of custom sticks).

However, this company a few miles from me(American Drum....well known for their custom mallots and re-wrapping of mallots) may be able to help you. I've visited them a few times, purchased sticks and toured their shop(they're still turning sticks by hand). They state that "most orders including specialty orders" are shipped same day. So, this would most likely be your best bet. They also do custom printing as well. Good luck.

http://www.americandrum.com/sticks-concert.html

Thanks.

By the way, the specs I'm looking for are:

- Thin - .45 to .49"
- Lightweight wood
- Round nylon tip - and not the tiny round nylon tips, but a medium size/significant one

Nothing like this exists.

You could try Kenner Custom Drumsticks.

Owned/run by Don Kenner in Kentucky, U.S.A.

The last phone # I had for them is:

859-635-5218

Address:
Kenner Custom drumsticks
RT #1 Box 150
California, Kentucky

They make EXCELLENT quality sticks, great durability, and a great feel.

They offer 2 tapers and 23 different tip styles as "normal" stick offerings.

I would assume they could make you a custom designed stick, as he adjusted one of his usual designs to be a little different than normal for me.

It turned out great, and I was very happy with them.

I ordered from him a few times, and then I needed something different, and could get it from a normal source, but that's the only reason I haven't used their sticks as of late.

The sticks lasted a loooong time too, so if you're not a heavy player, they'll really last a good long time.

Good luck getting what you need done, I hope this can help.

Those all look like great companies! Once you've found your signiture drumstick you should display a pair with our killer Stick n' Stack. It can hold up to 1-38 drumsticks! Perfect for the drum room & office. Please check them out!!!

www.Jesterhouseofdesigns.com

I just found these guys online...
http://www.foxydrummer.com
They sent me a few samples to try out. The sticks were decent, and they do custom pain jobs and they can get really detailed as far as the artwork they can stamp on the sticks. They can print better than some of the major companies.

I am thinking of getting some to sell as merch on my website.

By the way, the specs I'm looking for are:

- Thin - .45 to .49"
- Lightweight wood
- Round nylon tip - and not the tiny round nylon tips, but a medium size/significant one Nothing like this exists.

Its absolutelly no problem for me. I made drumsticks with custom dimensions - example:

custom length, diameter, neck, shoulder, ...
tip: ball, oval, acorn vith your dimension, ...
your modification: groove neck, .....

Your custom model putting to my database for later repeat production. More on the my web www.rstick.com - please used Google translator - website is only Czech language.

Bumping thread.

I'm looking for a custom stick manufacturer. Not someone who screen prints your name on a stick they got out of a brick they bought from some company, but one that actually lathes and manufactures sticks to specifications.

Bumping thread.

I'm looking for a custom stick manufacturer. Not someone who screen prints your name on a stick they got out of a brick they bought from some company, but one that actually lathes and manufactures sticks to specifications.

Have you confirmed that the stick you'd like to have made doesn't exist in some form on the market at this time?

Have you confirmed that the stick you'd like to have made doesn't exist in some form on the market at this time?

Yes, I have, what I prefer has been discontinued. Nobody else seems to make a similar model.

If I wanted a ROCK 5A I wouldn't be asking.

EDIT: In fact, it's YOUR company's sticks that are the discontinued ones.

Yes, I have, what I prefer has been discontinued. Nobody else seems to make a similar model.

If I wanted a ROCK 5A I wouldn't be asking.

EDIT: In fact, it's YOUR company's sticks that are the discontinued ones.
Which model are you referring to specifically?

For almost 32 years, I have been making real custom drumsticks. Almost infinite diameters and shapes, not just a few basic tips and diameters. I work one on one with drummers and have opted for this instead of an order form, posting progress as we go along. I am a tool maker and have worked with all of the modern machines making drumsticks today.

I don't sell any other products and have made thousands and thousands of drumsticks since I created this concept back in 1984. I have been a drumstick consultant to many percussion companies over the years including Zildjian and Drum Workshop and continue today, traveling overseas to help out wherever I am asked.

Thank you Drummerworld.

Back