RUSH - Beyond the Lighted Stage

Wow, the bonus disk really fills in a lot more of what was missing from the movie. Not every album or every period, but there is A lot of stuff on the bonus disc that was cut from the movie. Really worth watching.

Yeah, like Geddy's little story about being fired from the band for like two weeks back in the very beginning. I don't know why they would leave that out of the movie. Seems kind of important.

My favorite part of the movie was seeing how tight Geddy and Alex seem to be. And Alex is hilarious (tries to stick magnets to glass, then proclaims that, "Hey! This is fake glass!") Ha ha! Funny stuff.

Neil Peart seems to be an outsider still. I can understand his reluctance to get into the day to day of touring inasmuch as he can get away with it.

Neil Peart seems to be an outsider still. I can understand his reluctance to get into the day to day of touring inasmuch as he can get away with it.

Neil himself makes note of that in the doc ("I'm still the new guy"); however, I would chalk some of that up to the very private person he always has been, even before his life pretty much turned inside out on him. He's kind of the serious guy of the three, although he seems to be having plenty of fun on the bumper videos on the current tour...

I rented it on Rogers the other night. I found it enlightening and entertaining.
On a side note, who all saw Alex on Trailer Park Boys? Man he is quite the guy.

Ricky: "Hey, play I like to Rock"!
Alex: That's April Wine"
Ricky: "Ok then play that Diane Sawyer song then"!

I rented it on Rogers the other night. I found it enlightening and entertaining.
On a side note, who all saw Alex on Trailer Park Boys? Man he is quite the guy.

Ricky: "Hey, play I like to Rock"!
Alex: That's April Wine"
Ricky: "Ok then play that Diane Sawyer song then"!

Haha, yeah I own that episode (season 3).

Great Band, Great DVD. It really helped deepen my appreciation for the band.

Favorite part is when they're talking to Geddi and Ray (the Manager) about Geddi's dissmisal early on. Seriously, it's like something from The Office!

-Jonathan

One of my favorite rock documentaries ever, and I'm not even much of a Rush fan. (Although the film, which I've seen several times now, certainly turned me into a bigger Rush fan, and a huge fan of the individual members, all of whom seem to be really good guys.)

Even if I'm not into the people/music I still enjoy a good documentary and this is one of them. I like the old footage of Alex Lifeson telling his parents how he doesn't want to go to school and yet now he regrets that conversation. Neil Peart will always be the "new guy". The tour with Kiss was funny as all get out!

I'd also recommend Time Stand Still, the documentary about the final tour.

Really insightful and very funny in places. Alex Lifeson's character 'The Bag' (something he used to dress up as and entertain the band and KISS) was very funny also.

I love a good tour documentary so it's my favourite out of the two.

For those in the U.K. It's avalible on Sky Arts.

I love all those videos .. R30 - those Cleveland fans are incredible - what a venue! I can see why Cleveland held a special place in Rushes heart .. ever since Working Man back in the 70s and all the fan support through all those tours.
TIme Stands Still.. and the R40 final tour. I love that the fans are front and center in the story.. I can't imagine going to see a band over a hundred times... that's real dedication! ....and now they are immortalized as part of the Rush story. I love the shots of the audience where everyone is air drumming at the same time - including the little kid that brought his own sticks!

Back