For the motorcyclists among us...

Right ok so i've got my motorcycle module 2 test tomorrow (the big one). Hopefully i will pass so i will then be legally allowed to ride a slightly bigger motorcycle with a bit more power than currently :)

Well, we're all waiting?

Anyway the good news is that my dad said he might get a restrictor fitted to his BMW f650 cs so i can ride it. Which is fantastic :)
750px-2002_BMW_F650CS_3-4_view.jpg

I've owned a lot of bikes over the years ...

This one is an original un-restored 1968 HD Electra Glide factory custom metallic paint in Hi Fi Blue and Pearl White with only 21k on the odometer.

1968ElectraGlide-100.jpg

It was a cool bike to own and ride ... kinda had that Elvis vibe to it

elvis-memphis-1972bmp.jpg

Been riding 43 years since age 12. Have owned a heap of bikes mainly Meriden Triumphs T100R, TR6, 6TA, T140E , T20, and CB Hondas 175 x 2, 550, 900. Other BSA bantam, XJ 750 Yamaha's x 3, Honda Z50R, Honda Pal, Suzuki QT 50, Honda Elsinore, Yamaha XS 650C, just from memory.

Current road bikes are my old faithfull 1979 Triumph T140E Bonneville iv'e converted to Tiger (single carb specs). Owned this bike 26 years and ridden often, runs sweet.

My daily rider and tourer is a Honda 919, love it.

I ride with a good bunch of guys, we do a lot of rallies (when not gigging).
We have one rule, that is RULE ONE: There shalt be no rules.

CLICK ON PICTURE

Last edited:
Had a dirt bike when I was a kid, but haven't ridden since about 1980. Just this past weekend an old friend gave me a 1985 Honda Spree with 6.8 miles on it. She rode it once, had a slight mishap and parked it in her garage. It'll take a bit to make it ride again, but at 80 mpg (34 kml) I can see me buzzing it into town when the weather's nice!

Honda_Spree.jpg

In 1994 I got a new Honda Shadow 1100. It's got less than 17K on it and I've had it 21 years so that goes to show how much I ride it lol. I call it my Honda Davidson. I didn't even take it out this year. I let the insurance lapse and had to turn my tags in and haven't paid to get them back yet. It's nice to know it's there. It's nice to take a fall ride in the country, get some gourmet food, and walk around some of the quaint little towns we have here in beautiful Bucks County. Maybe next year, sigh.

Sold my Honda CB1000 years ago.

On my wish list is a Gold Wing, now that I have a passenger who enjoys road tripping but desires a super cushy passenger seat.

Attachments

• moto.jpg
    moto.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 318
This is the last bike I owned back in the 90's. I've had a few bikes but I haven't ridden in awhile. Had a few scary moments and I feel lucky to still be alive.

Attachments

• nighthawk750_199107.jpg
    nighthawk750_199107.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 320
William Harley and Arthur Davidson 1914.

Attachments

• historical-photos.jpg
    historical-photos.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 227
Picked up a new bike last week - Harley Roadster.

It's a Sportster that's actually a bit sporty. Inverted forks with dual 300mm disc brakes, triple rate springs - front and rear, rear emulsion shocks, 18" rear wheel instead of the usual 16" found on Sportsters, light weight cast wheels, radial tires, and a generally (to me) good looking stance.

I've had tons of bikes, but for the last 25 years, I've ridden Sportsters.

A bit like Larry in that I rode them less and less each year, and finally sold the last one last summer.
Spring came around and I got the itch.
It feels a bit heavy and sits higher than I'm used to.
At my age, I don't know how long I'll be able to ride it. But when I can't get it up off the side stand anymore, I'll get a smaller, lighter bike, if I'm still around then.

Last edited:
Picked up a new bike last week - Harley Roadster.

It's a Sportster that's actually a bit sporty. Inverted forks with dual 300mm disc brakes, triple rate springs - front and rear, rear emulsion shocks, 18" rear wheel instead of the usual 16" found on Sportsters, light weight cast wheels, radial tires, and a generally (to me) good looking stance.

I've had tons of bikes, but for the last 25 years, I've ridden Sportsters.

A bit like Larry in that I rode them less and less each year, and finally sold the last one last summer.
Spring came around and I got the itch.
It feels a bit heavy and sits higher than I'm used to.
At my age, I don't know how long I'll be able to ride it. But when I can't get it up off the side stand anymore, I'll get a smaller, lighter bike, if I'm still around then.
Enough talk - pics or it didn't happen:

Very nice ride! Sportsters are great bikes, fun to ride.

Congrats on the Sportster, Bill - beautiful Hog! Enjoy your Milwaukee rolling thunder.

ok, so again - after your inspirations...

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 132
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 129
Those Softails really look good.
You only live once, or so they say, so better do it now.
Nice bike - ride safe.

Circa 1975. Hand built this around a new 1974 Shovelhead engine.
Last engine sold by the factory on the West Coast because they
were upset how all the regional custom builders were cutting into
stock Harley sales.

4-speed Panhead transmission rebuilt with a longer driveshaft.
1957 straight leg Panhead frame grafted onto an early 50's Servi-Car
rear frame. Servi-Car axle flipped over for chain alignment.
Belt drive (engine to tranny) and chain drive (tranny to rear axle).
15" over girder with a 21" front wheel. Paughco gas tank.

Attachments

• Harley3LoRes.jpg
    Harley3LoRes.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 127
Back