Bon Scott

IAN - W -

Rebel
Ronald Belford Scott: Well-known as (Bon Scott) the former AC/DC singer.

Began his musical career as a drummer / vocals for the band called The Spektors. Then moved to lead singer with The Valentines, Fraternity and AC/DC.
Regarding drums - Bon, improved (no honed) his drumming technique playing on his drum-set rigged up at his Mum's house. In addition, he was a flautist and a bag piper.

.....His dragon spirit and lightning bolt energy remains alive!!!

Attachments

• bonscott on drums with the spektors.jpg
    bonscott on drums with the spektors.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,904
  • bonscott.jpg
    bonscott.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,714
  • bon_scott_.jpg
    bon_scott_.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,922
I didn't know Bon played drums. Wasn't he a roadie at first?

I lost interest in the band after Bon passed away because it was the combo of Angus's general amazingness, the band's down-to-earth grunt and Bon's wit and charisma that created the magic. Now they are just a kick-A rock n roll band.

You have said it right, Bon had charisma and clever spark. Me too, I have lost interest in AC/DC after ''The Tattooed Dragon'' passed away...In fact, he was a roadie for a short time.

Thanks for your input!

I recently saw them here in Brisbane and man they were awesome..........they even flashed up some pics of Bon Scott on some songs which I thought was a nice touch....

Bon Scott even mentioned Brian Johnson back in the day and said to Angus check this guy out..........

I don't know if its' true but rumours goes Bon Scott said if he ever went Brian woul dbe a great replacement!!!

I recently saw them here in Brisbane and man they were awesome..........they even flashed up some pics of Bon Scott on some songs which I thought was a nice touch....

Likewise with the Melbourne show. The second biggest roar of the night was reserved for the Bon Scott montage. What a brilliant way to honour the 30 years without him (for anyone wondering, the biggest roar was for the girls showing their assets during The Jack!!).

I read something like that before, Bon was impressed with Brian's voice on the band Geordie. Also, Brian said that it was a big burden and responsibility for him to get into the shoes of the poet (Bon). Bon's dad said to Brian, carry on son! what a relief for Brian.

Bon Scott even mentioned Brian Johnson back in the day and said to Angus check this guy out..........

I don't know if its' true but rumours goes Bon Scott said if he ever went Brian woul dbe a great replacement!!!

There will never ever be another Bon Scott. Brian Johnson's done well since we lost BS. But even he knows that you just can't fill his shoes. Bon was, truely, a one-of-a-kind singer and entertainer. Never to be duplicated.

Last edited:
I only saw AccaDacca live once, in their early days when they supported a friend's band at a school dance. They were the stars but they had another gig to get to.

I was standing right in front of the stage and they were dynamite (TNT!) even back then ... I think it was around 1975 or 76.

Very true, mate. I second that!

There will never ever be another Bon Scott. Brian Johnson's done well since we lost BS. But even he knows that you just can't fill his shoes. Bon was, truely, a one-of-a-kind singer and entertainner. Never to be duplicated.

Wow, I wished to be there back then. How was Bon on the stage?

I only saw AccaDacca live once, in their early days when they supported a friend's band at a school dance. They were the stars but they had another gig to get to.

I was standing right in front of the stage and they were dynamite (TNT!) even back then ... I think it was around 1975 or 76.

Wow, I wished to be there back then. How was Bon on the stage?

Ian I agree with you Brian Johnson is cool but he will never fill Bon's shoes I think Bon was as important too ACDC as John Bonham was too Led Zep.............irreplaceable. their last album has been the closest they came too "Back In Black" in a long time through.

Bonzolead

You have hit the nail's head, mate. Bon Scott, John Bonham were the main links of those Power chains of AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.

Cheers and nice chatting with you!

Ian I agree with you Brian Johnson is cool but he will never fill Bon's shoes I think Bon was as important too ACDC as John Bonham was too Led Zep.............irreplaceable. their last album has been the closest they came too "Back In Black" in a long time through.

Bonzolead

Guys are OK.....you can shake their hands.....Women are special.....you can hug 'em!

Attachments

• bon-scott2.jpg
    bon-scott2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3,588
An interesting quote:

"My new schoolmates threatened to kick the shit out of me when they heard my Scottish accent. I had one week to learn to speak like them if I wanted to remain intact. Course, I didn't take any notice. No-one railroads me, and it made me all the more determined to speak my own way. That's how I got my name, you know. The Bonny Scot, see?" — Bon Scott

.....It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock n' roll.

Attachments

• bonscott1.jpg
    bonscott1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 19,387
Bon Scott fans enjoy it...

Attachments

• Bon Scott rarities.bmp
    300.1 KB · Views: 1,575
Wow, didn't know Bon was a drummer...

...I saw ACDC in Melbourne in Feb this year...

...and I wondered, did the arrival of Brian Johnson make the band more successful than they had ever been before?

Yeah, there was something about Black Ice, it had this new touch about it...if ACDC changed their sound they wouldn't be as popular as they are...you will notice that they sound the same, I mean (not to confuse you), since Brian Johnson joined the band, ACDC's sound hasn't changed much until Black Ice...

...the bass grooves seemed really more prominent, the grooves really drove the songs this time...and Angus' lead playing held back a bit and Phil actually did some drumming that was a bit more intricate.

The rumour also goes that just before Bon died he was going to leave the band. All of the recordings with Bon were great but Back in Black was awesome and Flick of the Switch was one of their most underated albums.

The rumour also goes that just before Bon died he was going to leave the band. All of the recordings with Bon were great but Back in Black was awesome and Flick of the Switch was one of their most underated albums.
I heard Bon wrote most of Back in Black before he died. That explains why it's so good, nobody but Bon could have wrote "Have a Drink on Me"

RIP Bon,
Bonzolead

The other day, I was reading an article on Bon and he was asked this:

Q: Are you AC or DC?
......................................./
A: I am the ligthning bolt../_..in the middle!
......................................../
......................................./

......cleverly answered.

Last edited:

I guess that's one positive about living in Oz - I used to regularly see Accadacca when they did gigs in the late 70s in Sydney - they were always entertaining and loud :)

Back