Roland Vs. Yamaha ! Help Please

Laff

I'm looking to buy a drum set and spend no more then $1000 which i know won't get me the best but i just an amazing practice kit. i see lots of rolands and read great stuff but there very pricey and idk which ones are good for under 100 0 dollars. then theresyamaha which has many under $1000 dollars. so which is better for the value and price of what your getting & i need recommendations on what set to get under 1000.

i think the only yamaha kits that are under 1000$ are the dtxplorer and dtxpress iv v2 (correct me if im wrong). i previously had a dtxplorer and it was a good kit for practice but i wouldnt recommend it with your budget. dtxpress iv v2 on the other hand has 3 zone cymbals. i really dont know much about the roland kits and have never played the kits that are under 1000$ (the only one being the td4s as far as i know) . i just know that it has a more user friendly module and ive heard good stuff about it. you should definitely try them yourself and ask for more professional opinions. however, i would go for the dtxpress if i was in your place. its your choice.

good luck

thanks guys i don't have a place around me to really try them and i'm only 15 and thats why my budget is what it is.

Personally, for the money you're talking about spending I'd get a DTXpress IV...but really you need to try them out for yourself first...

Just stay away from Alesis.....

Get a used kit if you can. That way if you don't like it you can sell it for the same money or very little loss. I have a used TD12, which was 60% of a new TD12.

Davo

I just bought a one-year old used Roland TD-3 with 3 cymbal pads (plus hihat) 3 toms (plus mesh snare), DW5000 pedal, throne, Bose headphones AND Roland PM-10 Amp, all for $500 on Craigslist. The guy was asking $775, and I just told him all I do was $500.

There are good deals out there if you just wait. If you need it today, you'll have to pay the brand new price. I live in a really small area. I was surprised to even see an ekit in my craigslist area. Lowball the hell out of people. There's no money out there right now, so anyone who's selling will be happy just to get an offer.

I'm looking to buy a drum set and spend no more then $1000 which i know won't get me the best but i just an amazing practice kit. i see lots of rolands....
Get a used Roland or Yamaha. Look at Craig's List and eBay.​
You should be able to land one for around 5 Franklins. My 14 year old nephew scored his Yamaha off CL, drums, amp, throne, headphones, the whole rig, for 5 bills.​
If all you need it for is practice, you don't need an expensive kit for that. Or a new one. And these kits are never gonna be "collectible". Save your cash for when you can go "acoustic".​

Back