Mounting tom's to cymbal stands?

That would work. One side to the stand and one side to the tom arm.

I have the Gibraltar ball-and-socket type clamps for both of my toms. I don't know how to put up a picture of them but they're very solid well-made clamps.

I tightened them right up on my cymbal stands and just leave them there.

Just to add a different flavour for you.

I tried this with my two mounted toms and found the whole rig just bounced around a little too much for my liking. Even with the leg positioned directly under the toms to counter the excess weight. I'll fly a single tom straight off a cymbal stand when using only one, but if I'm using both I use the bottom section of a cymbal stand and place the tom mount directly in that and then clamp the boom arm for the cymbal off another stand.

Just another option should you encounter the same probs. I did.

I tried this with my two mounted toms and found the whole rig just bounced around a little too much for my liking. Even with the leg positioned directly under the toms to counter the excess weight. I'll fly a single tom straight off a cymbal stand when using only one, but if I'm using both I use the bottom section of a cymbal stand and place the tom mount directly in that and then clamp the boom arm for the cymbal off another stand.

this is exactly what i do and i like it a lot better

This is what i wanted to do at first, but I've been struggling to find a stand which is suitable for my tom holder (i play a sonor 3007 kit) -all the cymbal stands I've tried seem to be the wrong size to just put the tom holder into

This is what i wanted to do at first, but I've been struggling to find a stand which is suitable for my tom holder (i play a sonor 3007 kit) -all the cymbal stands I've tried seem to be the wrong size to just put the tom holder into

Are you taking both extendable sections out of the base? I'm not too familar with Sonor though, so it's possible their hardware is thicker than standard sizes.

If you're stuck with clamping the two toms on one stand, just be sure to have the leg right under the toms to counter the weight.

Last edited:
Back