Unix 13x6.5 snare drum

Wow! That looks really nice, I'm in the same situation as you are, also waiting on hardware from Frank, he also sent me pics of mine with finish on it. The wait time will be worth it for sure. I look forward to seeing your snare completed.

Wow! That looks really nice, I'm in the same situation as you are, also waiting on hardware from Frank, he also sent me pics of mine with finish on it. The wait time will be worth it for sure. I look forward to seeing your snare completed.

I assume you will be posting pics of your snare soon? ;-) What kind of snare are you getting?

I assume you will be posting pics of your snare soon? ;-) What kind of snare are you getting?

Mine is a 7" x 14" - 5/8" thick zebrawood pictures:

clear_closeup_zebrawood_shell.jpg

clear_zebrawood_shell.jpg

and like you I am waiting on lugs.

She's a beauty! As usual it looks almost seamless...
It's an unfortunate situation with the hardware... but at least it's not Frank's fault. He handled it very well imho :) And it's still gonna be worth the wait.

She's a beauty! As usual it looks almost seamless...
It's an unfortunate situation with the hardware... but at least it's not Frank's fault. He handled it very well imho :) And it's still gonna be worth the wait.

Yes the hardware is my fault. It's my business and I won't put the blame on other, it's too easy. I'm trying to fix this as I'm looking to find an american supplier to avoid any mistake in the future.

Yes the hardware is my fault. It's my business and I won't put the blame on other, it's too easy. I'm trying to fix this as I'm looking to find an american supplier to avoid any mistake in the future.

Frank, you don't forget mine ? I would like somes news...

Frank, you don't forget mine ? I would like somes news...

Please PM the guy.

I think we should all be very gratefull to Frank and his drum building skills. He makes works of art for a lot of people and is (I think) a busy man. To admit a mistake in public is something that shows great character, and it's great to know I think that some of the most beautiful snares are built by a great guy.

So ontopic: Let's talk Philly-snaredrum-goodness :)

Latest news is that the hardware finally arrived, so it should be all done somewhere next week. Obviously then it still needs to be shipped... but it wont be long before it is on my kit :D

Latest news is that the hardware finally arrived, so it should be all done somewhere next week. Obviously then it still needs to be shipped... but it wont be long before it is on my kit :D

Great news! All good things to those who wait :-D. I am very curious for the finished product and offcourse for sound also.

Great news! All good things to those who wait :-D. I am very curious for the finished product and offcourse for sound also.

Maybe we should get together one day, I try your custom DJDrums kit and you try my Unix ;) We can post an obnoxious load of pictures and sound bytes on drummerworld if we do so.

As a matter of fact I do have an audio recording with a band, but I am not sure whether or not to post them. Vocals aren't too great... it was just two microphones connected to an MD player in a rehearsal studio.
Hey BP, the first (& last) band rehearsal recording I put up was the audition for our current singer and that was full of less than ideal bits (including from me) + recorded on a H2 stuck in the corner. I didn't get flamed for that so I'm sure you'll be ok. We're a kind & curious bunch here!

Last I heard is that the snare strainer also arrived at Unix, so not much longer now.

Back