Bass drum head recommended

Sirwill

Silver Member
I'm looking into upgrading my 22" Pearl Masters Custom maple 4ply and 4ply re-rings bass drum head. I want a bass head that is warm and has lots of low end and also is able to resonate forever. I never muffle my heads because I like my drums to sing. Just wondering what anyone would recommend?

Thanks for all the great info! I have never tried Aquarian heads before but I may have to go try one out first. Thanks again.

For what you're looking for I would recommend Evans E-mad. I use em'. They're warm, deep, and punchy without a hollow sound. As a compliment to their sound I find Evans hydraulics on the toms work best for me. Ain't no better than that Emad, man!

i use an aquarian super kick 1 with a regulator front, the pair give a deep, warm thud without using a volume killing pillow, but they do not ring, dont you have a hard time miking your bass drum if it rings wide open, even now when sound men see my empty kick drum they always ask if i got a pillow for it, that is till they hear it, then their like, oh, ok

wud you guys say coated aquarian or clear for the sound with no ring?

i was gonna get a super kick 1 so .....

Back