Crush Chameleon Ash Kit!

• Thread starter Joseph "Stix" Davis
  • Start date
J

Joseph "Stix" Davis

Hi everybody!

Quite a while ago, (around December of last year) I came across and fell in love with a Crush Chameleon Ash kit. It had the color options of orange, black, green, and blue. I posted a side by side comparison of the green and blue, but I couldn't decide which one to get. Well I finally made up my mind and bought the green kit! I waited several months for a price drop, and shortly before I decided to buy it, a set of rototoms (6", 8", 10") showed up at the shop. They were selling for $160, but the shop owner sold them to me for $100.

The specs are:
Bass: 20 x 20
Snare: 13 x 7
Rack Tom: 12 x 9
Floor Tom: 16 x 14

Without further ado, here are some photos of my new Crush kit! Enjoy!

Attachments

• crush2.jpg
    crush2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,273
  • crush3.jpg
    crush3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,370
  • crush4.jpg
    crush4.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 2,769
  • crush5.jpg
    crush5.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,867
  • crush1.jpg
    crush1.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 1,697
Sorry, I am trying to be nice here, but if I came home and I saw that kit in my studio I would probably never play the drums again.
Nothing personal, just my honest two cents.
Even my friend the Sandy Hook Duck agrees.

Sorry, I am trying to be nice here, but if I came home and I saw that kit in my studio I would probably never play the drums again.

Harsh...and probably unnecessary, but meh.

Joseph "Stix" Davis:
I like crush's finishes. Was that hole in your ride a crack?

Really nice finish IMO.

How's the square sized bass drum?

Thank you!

I really like the 20 x 20 bass. It's very punchy. It projects very well. It's kind of like a little cannon.

What do you not like about it?

Joseph "Stix" Davis:
I like crush's finishes. Was that hole in your ride a crack?

Yes. I found someone on eBay a few years ago that took damaged cymbals, repaired them and sold them. Depending on how I have my kit set up for a show, I may put a stand through the hole to bring whatever I have on that stand a little closer.

OK, If the kit wasn't finished in a transparent green stain It would be much better looking. That shade of green clashes with the woodgrain. A lacquer sparkle green finish would be really nice.

I dislike any bass drum that is over 16" deep. I think that they look ridiculous.

I would lose the RotoToms and substitute a pair of 8" & 10" timbales.

The throne should be black to match the hoops and lugs on the drums.

You have a mess of stands all bunched up on the right side of the kit. You should find a way to simplify the hardware so that it looks neater.

I think the grain in the bass drum especially is too wide. It looks almost to me like exterior grade plywood. But if you like them rock and roll.

I love the juxtaposition of a basic 4 pc kit with roto-toms!

And mounted over the ride cymbal too, the opposite of where most people have them.

It just screams this is a unique drum set!

Congrats.

OK, If the kit wasn't finished in a transparent green stain It would be much better looking. That shade of green clashes with the woodgrain. A lacquer sparkle green finish would be really nice.

I dislike any bass drum that is over 16" deep. I think that they look ridiculous.

I would lose the RotoToms and substitute a pair of 8" & 10" timbales.

The throne should be black to match the hoops and lugs on the drums.

You have a mess of stands all bunched up on the right side of the kit. You should find a way to simplify the hardware so that it looks neater.

And while you're at it, get off my lawn! :)

I like the grain pattern. You could pay big bucks to DW for a grain pattern like that.

I think they look fantastic. I really like everything I've seen about crush. I haven't tried them though. I dig the orange myself, but green would be my number 2.

And while you're at it, get off my lawn! :)

I like the grain pattern. You could pay big bucks to DW for a grain pattern like that.
Larry, DW would never do anything like that. John Good has taste.
Sonor might, but German's are crazy and they don't count!

Nice kit! My sizes, too. I do wish Crush would make a 20x17 or 20x18 bass for their chameleon lines.

How do you like the Pork Pie throne?

Not that I agree with you- but that was pretty hilarious.

I like the way the set looks. I would personally choose something other than green, but I am not the one playing them.

Sandy Hook Duck sports green, thought he/she would like them. I like them, but then I got a 76 on the nerdiness quiz, so my opinion probably amounts to nada.

hey I dig the kit and would play it anyday even though I dont care for square bass drums but thats not a big deal.

as long as you're comfortable set them up how ever u want...there's no rules in drumming as long as it works for you.

Congrats,
Bonzolead

And while you're at it, get off my lawn! :).

This made me laugh for nearly 5 minutes straight... I'm still smiling uncontrollably, and now my gf is starting to give me funny looks.

I think it's a pretty cool color also. Apt name, chameleon... Definitely unique setup. Rock on Stix!!!!

Back