Club Date project begins

harryconway

Platinum Member
Darn near all the parts are here. Meaning, I think I have 'em all, but .... sometimes yes, sometimes not so much. Won't truly know until I go "darn, I'm missing something"!​
My start is with 3 drums. 12x8, 14x14, and 26x14 (yeah, it's not a Club Date, yet). All Ludwig 3 ply.​

Attachments

• resized 4134.jpg
    resized 4134.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,267
  • resized 4135.jpg
    resized 4135.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,429
Oh goodness am I jealous. There's nothing like a vintage duco Ludwig!

Great project! Gotta love 26" bass drums. What are you thinking of doing finish-wise?

Du-co! (clap clap) Du-co! (clap clap)

Sounds like fun. Harry you once mentioned refashioning a 16" Ludwig standard floor tom into a club date style to go along with your CD kit and that you didn't fool anyone because people knew club dates didn't make 16". Anyway I may do that as well with a sky blue pearl 16" I just got on the cheap. I'm guessing this can be done without much effort? Thanks and good luck.

Damn I love that duco. Wouldn't change a thing.
I think the 14 floor next to a 26 kick will be very unique.

Well, 2 hours of sanding today .... and this is where I'm at. Using a Random Orbital Sander (100 grit sandpaper, today). Tomorrow, or Friday, I'll take on one of the toms.​
The plan is an amber clear maple finish. And nickel hardware.​

Attachments

• 2 hrs resized.jpg
    2 hrs resized.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:
I'll be watching this thread like a fat kid watching a pie bake

So today, I sanded down the 14x14. Started with 60 grit, then moved to 100 grit. This drum has a much more "lively" grain pattern.​

Attachments

• 1 hr sanded.JPG
    1 hr sanded.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 950
Question, are you going to go with classic round edges?
I hope so because they will really fit the bill for this kit.

Back