Don't film Vinnie!

Oh hes pissed. No doubt about it. Maybe he told him not to, and the guystill didnt listen..?

Oh hes pissed. No doubt about it. Maybe he told him not to, and the guystill didnt listen..?

I think he was pissed as well. That was actually difficult to watch. I wish the guy filming would take a "hint".

he's definitely annoyed

Vinnie is a class act for not launching one of his Zildjian wood tips right at the phone

To me, his clowning could be taken either way.

Me too. I'm really not certain if he's genuinely annoyed or genuinely just hamming it up.

This vid was posted over at Cymbalholic and there seems to be the same confusion over there too.

As a side note, anyone notice the "logo-less" cymbals? They ain't no A Customs. The cymbal boffins are speculating unlabled Paiste 602's.....could be some more changes afoot for Vinnie. Removed from the Gretsch website, removed from the Zildjian website, they're both removed from the Vinnie website.......watch this space.

I agree with the 2nd comment down:
I wish people would go to gigs and actually experience them live in person rather than being a slave to their cameras/videophones. Listen, absorb, enjoy, don't film, otherwise you're missing the point!

When I go to shows I see so many people worrying more about trying to capture it on their phone than actually enjoying what it is they are their to see.

Yeah, he's pissed. But what can he do!? Sting is right there and he's got to keep it together. There's absolutely nothing he could do but pull a face at the idiot filming him.

Not very gracious of Vinnie. The shooter obviously loves Vinnie over Sting.

Guys, on a seperate note altogether....

who else noticed that Vinne's laying down a thick fat groove here, and under that groove he's displacing beats, shifting accents all the time, and even messing with linear tempo modulation and making faces at this dude - all at the same time!!!!

Man, I believe that Frank Zappa Sushi story now..

Looks pissed...no doubt to me....I have mixed feelings about the whole thing....kind of a crazy thing to allow to continue to bother you although he is entitled to be as angry as he likes about non-approved taping.

I like how right at the end Sting says "Vinnie Stalker" ...then the taping stops.

I like how right at the end Sting says "Vinnie Stalker" ...then the taping stops.

Good pickup. I didn't make out what he said. Makes you wonder if there's a history, if the guy filming has gotten in Vinnie's face before.Something was going on ... Vinnie was so hostile. Have to hand it to the stalker, though, the vid's amazing quality for a bootleg.

And yes Abe, fantastic song, fantastic drumming. When he was riding the upbeats ... I mean, geddouddhere!

Guys, on a seperate note altogether....

who else noticed that Vinne's laying down a thick fat groove here, and under that groove he's displacing beats, shifting accents all the time, and even messing with linear tempo modulation and making faces at this dude - all at the same time!!!!

Man, I believe that Frank Zappa Sushi story now..

Vinnie is the father of so many of the drummers I love

I bow to the king, ...the creator himself

Just another day for Vinnie, Aydee. I'm completely convinced there is nothing that guy can't do.

The first time I read that sushi story, I just knew it had to be true.

I bow to the king, ...the creator himself

But all those displaced beats and accent shifts?.....Man, talk about overplaying. What the hell is wrong with a simple 2 and 4? :)

Just another day for Vinnie, Aydee. I'm completely convinced there is nothing that guy can't do.

The first time I read that sushi story, I just knew it had to be true.

But all those displaced beats and accent shifts?.....Man, talk about overplaying. What the hell is wrong with a simple 2 and 4? :)

yeah really Vinnie....get it together man

Sting writes pop songs ...get off your ego trip...its not all about you

:)

Doesn't Vinnie visit drummerworld? I say sit back and enjoy the concert. Remember back in the day when you couldn't bring a electronic device into a concert.

I don't get it. The guy's a professional musician. This kind of attention bothers him? I mean, come on. He makes a living performing for people. He tours the world with one of the most famous pop stars of his generation. He's in an arena filled with thousands of adoring fans. And he's pissed off that someone's taking his picture.

That s*** is weak, man. I'm just sayin'.

oh well, ...maybe he got kinda bored of the music and some camera distracted him. no big deal, ya maybe he looks bad, but his drumming certainly doesn't, and speaks for him.
sorry, but i'm often dismayed when i go to show to see so many folks are preoccupied with videoing and documenting everything rather than getting into the music, the vibe, the moment. maybe vinnie was too.

Back