Random Drum Fill Generator - input, thoughts and advice wanted

GenkiMusic

Hey guys,

I've signed up to this forum to get your opinion on this. I had a drum student who was really struggling to create drum fills so I used to write out fairly random drum fills for him to challenge him and get him thinking outside the box. More recently I wrote him a little website and wondered what the wider drumming community would think about it. It uses HTML5 and javascript to randomly draw drum fills with a few options of different rhythms and kit sizes.

It's a free little website that I make no money out of, so I'm not meaning to spam this forum and advertise my website, but I am thinking of eventually turning it into an app and was wondering if this is something people are interested in? Also wondering what improvements/changes people would be interested in.

You can find it here: drums.genkimusic.com

Cheers guys
Genki

Thanks for sharing. I don't teach anymore, but I can imagine this to be a fun resource for some students.

Best results were with the default settings (just 16th), adding other elements the patterns were a little bit too random to be usable (IMHO).

Seems like a great idea
maybe this was just me, but it seemed like any time the bass drum played in the player, it threw everything off-beat.
Other than that I really liked the idea and would probably use such a website :)

Nice, cheers for the input guys.. I'll check out some of the bugs when i get some spare time.

I set the default to just 16th as that is definitely the most playable ones, although just 8ths and just triplets is nice. Or 16ths and 16th variations is good too :)

cheers guys :)

Back